Help Cast PACE Tournaments!

Discussion in 'Videos And Replays!' started by OathAlliance, February 5, 2014.

1. OathAlliance

OathAlliance Well-Known Member

If you've ever been interested in casting/or if you are currently a caster we'd like to have you!

Who are we?
    We are Planetary Annihilation Competition and eSports.

What are we here for?
    We are here to help standardize PA in the eSport realm without the community losing it to corporate interests. We are here to help Casters both new and established get training resources and connected with the tournaments we host. Power to the People!

How and Where can you sign up?
    Everyone is welcome to sign up, just PM you email to @oathalliance, @cwarner7264 , @reptarking or @brianpurkiss for us to add you. Please note that just because we add you doesn't mean you've been certified for casting or officiating.

FAQ:

Q: What does "certified mean"?
    A: We want to just make sure you can handle the job. It'll be a quick/painless process that can probably be done in an hour or so. We are shooting for quality so we need some sort of "bar".

Q: What happens if I want to cast a PACE tournament but am not certified/or want to be?
    A: If it's a few days before we can probably certify you easily. However if you don't want to be a part of/associated with PACE, we respect that. However we will not associate with you. Meaning you can't just show up and cast.

Q: If I am a caster, must I stream the matches?A: Casters must steam live matches. This is because people may want to see the battle realtime. You don't always have to stream all matches for all tournaments. But the point of being a caster is to be able to provide real life commentary for live games so people can watch.
    Last edited: February 9, 2014
    mishtakashi and brianpurkiss like this.
  2. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

eSprots? ;)

This is pretty neat. I'm pretty interested in doing something like this, but I don't think I'd be able to do any sort of video recording myself. What kind of technical requirements are there (besides a mic and a working internet connection, obviously)? What kind of time commitment is this? Will these be live, mostly?
  3. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Gonna be awesome stuff happening. Get involved!
  4. OathAlliance

Casting is in fact a Live act.

What's suggested is a computer good enough to run PA well, a connection that also allows you to run it well.

A good mic/headset & mic is also important.

Also video capture/streaming software. I suggest OBS but it's up to you.
  5. Xagar

Xagar Active Member

Ah, I see. That's out for me, then.

eSprots
  6. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

I guess I'm in, but should I be?
  7. FXelix

FXelix Active Member

Q: If I am a caster, must I stream the matches?
  8. OathAlliance

Casters must steam live matches. This is because people may want to see the battle realtime. You don't always have to stream all matches for all tournaments. But the point of being a caster is to be able to provide real life commentary for live games so people can watch.
  9. OathAlliance

Updated to reflect the change in organization name.