Heelp! Error: "DNS server not responding." How can I fix this?

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by olexi, April 20, 2017.

1. olexi

olexi New Member

Unfortunately there is something not right here! When i tried to troubleshoot the problem, i get this message "Your computer appears to be correctly configured, but the device or resource (DNS server) is not responding"!! Please help, i have so much to do and this is frankly speaking...quite annoying. I would be grateful!
  2. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

@olexi speaking very seriously : if dealines are that serious and we're talking about office automation-type work (non-graphist-type work and then some) then download ubuntu slap in onto any 1GB+ USB using rufus and boot to that.

you can't be expected to rewrite the proprietary microsoft code that screwing you over right now.
  3. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

What DNS server? For what purpose? Maybe it is down for some reason and you might want to try another one?
  4. tatsujb

from Microsoft Support Center :
    yeah booting any linux would def guarantee you internet in your present case. but try these commands they should work
  5. olexi

olexi New Member

All is well, i ended up trying different possible solutions to this problem. I had a copy of the 1&1 guide in the house. Well if you are interested in the details i would recommend that you read through this guide.
  6. tatsujb

wow yeah that is just effectively trawling through broken microsoft code. changing web browser and deactivating firewall can fix that? much safe

and confirms my earlier theories.