Heavy air group de-select

Discussion in 'Released Mods' started by cascadian, March 25, 2016.

1. cascadian

cascadian Member

Wyrm Independence at last!

Using heavy bombers is great, but it cripples your select all air combat command, slowing down your entire force and requiring pesky extra clicking. This mod simply tells the game that advanced bombers, and the Zeus, are no longer combat units, so you can use your Hummingbird/Bumblebee combo to your hearts content while you stockpile a snipe back in the base. Since I could, I also made Firefly scouts into combat units so they will fly alongside your main force.

Example:

Capture4.PNG
    stuart98 likes this.
  2. cascadian

cascadian Member

So it appears that this does not work as advertised if air trail mods, and possibly others, are enabled. Wyrm's still seem independent though so the main objective holds.
  3. dom314

dom314 Post Master General

It's possible to get around this by ctrl-clicking the move orders. It means that all air units move at top speed, regardless of selection.
    tracert and stuart98 like this.
  4. cascadian

cascadian Member

True, but this causes your interceptors/phoenix to abandon your bombers. This mod is simply so people can continue their normal reflexive air game and build slow moving air units. It exists for the lazy and easily annoyed, such as myself.
    dom314 likes this.
  5. cascadian

cascadian Member

I've also noticed this mod causes the AI to amass swarms of scout planes. No foreseeable work around yet, but I may just take the firefly out of this mod.