Halo 4

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by joker, October 28, 2012.

1. joker

joker Active Member

Put it here because I'd rather discuss it with the console folk. Who is getting it? Thoughts? So far it seems like a lot of the PM people are picking it up and could make for some good custom games. I heard you can even send invites in any order and change teams in the lobby
  2. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

Never played a Halo game before but I'm probably getting it.

Is it a hard game in general? How important is the campaign?
  3. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

I'll be picking it up probably a few days/weeks after release. I'm hoping the gimmicks don't end up as a detriment to the game (ahem...Reach).

It's not really a hard game if you're talking MP or Singleplayer-wise. You could say it's a very grounded Call of Duty in which the time-to-kill is slower. It's also very more reliant on accuracy and teamwork than COD.

NVM
    Last edited: October 31, 2012
  4. RandomToon

RandomToon Well-Known Member

5. woyldman

woyldman New Member

I'll probably get it.
  6. joker

joker Active Member

The campaign is more for the accomplishment. Doesn't affect multiplayer. Competitive 4v4 is fun and intense, but the game has many fun screw around matchmaking options
  7. atruedeadpoolftw

atruedeadpoolftw Member

After I aquire XCOM (BABY), AC3, and Serious Sam TSE and BFE, I will consider it.

Considering my lack of funding in general, this does not bode well for Halo 4.
  8. missionaryposition

missionaryposition Member

Woo, I'm getting it.

Players on Asian servers' aim suck.

I'll wipe the floor alone.
  9. eternalist

eternalist New Member

I have no hope for it after Halo Reach
  10. infinitycanvas

infinitycanvas Well-Known Member

They show the chief's face. Not that I care about the story, but that's kind of exactly contrary to the point of the character.
  11. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

Only the eye's.
  12. eternalist

eternalist New Member

I think you only see his eyes.

damn you
  13. infinitycanvas

Shrug. My point still stands.
  14. teapot

teapot Post Master General

I pre-ordered it and will be playing it competitively if it's any good. I do agree that I don't have any high hopes after reach, but I'll give it a couple of weeks and decide if it's worth it.
    naka333 likes this.
  15. teapot

teapot Post Master General

why'd this get moved here?
    naka333 likes this.
  16. hostileparadox

hostileparadox Well-Known Member

He's already been described in the Halo books, its not a big mystery. And they showed him as a boy in one of the live action commercials.

Ordered on Newegg, $45 shipped regular edition. Gotta love those preorder prices <3
    Should be getting 2-3 days after launch. I'm getting too old for midnight releases :p
  17. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Maybe because it's offtopic to every other forum.
  18. tehemopenguin

tehemopenguin Moderator Alumni

19. ZOoo00OOm

ZOoo00OOm New Member

I tried to assure myself that this game wouldn't suck but...

Kill cams.

Fucking kill cams.

In Halo.

Oh, so you messed up and got killed? That's bad enough, considering the kill times are already so slow. But now they're going to add an idiotic forgiveness mechanic that rewards you for dying by giving you your killer's exact location so you can call them out to your teammates and screw over any chance they had at getting maybe two kills for that life? HOORAY FOR 'EVERYONE IS EQUAL' MECHANICS THAT REWARD YOU FOR FUCKING SUCKING AT THE GAME BY SCREWING OVER THE PLAYERS THAT ARE BETTER THAN YOU.
    Modern Warfare 2 and 3
    And here I was thinking they hit rock bottom with Reach. I thought Sage Merrill was the worst thing that could happen to this franchise. Armor abilities and the "heads or tails" bloom were fucking retarded. The godawful maps (and the 1 million other 'custom' forge maps) I could tolerate. The horrible gametypes, the martyrdom grenades, all that I could deal with for a little while. But no, they had to go even further in their attempts at drawing in the COD audience. Way to fucking go.

Why? I'm sure the CoD kiddies will love it for the shallow "everyone is a winner" Candyland experience most shooters have turned into, but this is insulting to anyone who was hoping that the Halo franchise could serve as a bridge between consoles and the former greatness of PC arena shooters.

Fuck. I tried to give this game a chance. I was afraid this was going to be Reach 2.0. This is something even worse.
  20. infinitycanvas

I only ever played custom games with friends anyway. Things like invisible hide and seek were pretty fun, but no yeah the matchmaking is going to be absolutely terrible.