Halley Engines not activating

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by indo583, November 12, 2013.

1. indo583

indo583 New Member

Hello,

I can't get the Halley engines to activate. I have 2 planets and a moon in my solar system. The main planet has a radius of 500 and orbits the sun, the second planet has a radius of 350 and orbits the first planet, and the moon has a radius of 200 and orbits the second planet. The solar system view shows that I need 3 Halley engines to move the moon. I built the three engines, went to the solar system view, clicked activate, picked a spot on the main planet and clicked engage. The solar system view shows the moon as engaged, but the moon just keeps orbiting the second planet. (Not sure if this matters, but it is a verses AI game, not PvP)

Does the moon being in orbit around another planet prevent the Halley from working (i.e. does it only work if it is in orbit around the sun, or does it not work if it is orbiting a different planet than the one you want to smash)?

What does the energy consumption menu button (when you click on a Halley Engine) do? It looks like it's set to "On" by default, but I just wanted to make sure that you don't have to manually turn each engine on.
  2. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

when you build enough halley's to shift a moon (only moon's size 350 or less can be shifted), you can click the planet icon in the celestial veiw of the planet you want to annihilate.
    it should expand the panel with the planet icons to show a red "Annihilate" button.
    Click this button then click where you want the moon to hit.
    TADA. that should be it.

so you did it right :)
    may have been a glitch
  3. maxpowerz

moons that have orbits that are too close to a planet won't launch.
  4. maxpowerz

and if you have enough halleys the little halley icons on the moon's icon in celestial veiw will turn green.
    each halley icon in the planet picker in celestial view usually has a "5" in it meaning 3 icons = 15 halleys to shift a moon.
  5. indo583

indo583 New Member

It must have been that the orbit was too close. I'll try changing the orbit when I get home tonight. They should add some kind of in game check for that so you don't spend all your time and resources building engines that won't work.
  6. maxpowerz

Once the core features of the engine are in place im sure these glitches will be removed so it can't be done.
    At the moment you can build moon's inside planet's and thing's that generally break the sandbox physic's.
    once you encounter an issue like this you should post a thread in the Beta forums,
    in the thread explain the steps required to reproduce the issue, then the developers will read it and take it into account when making newer revisions of the game engine.
    thetrophysystem likes this.
  7. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Check out this tutorial: http://pamatches.com/2013/how-to-destroy-planets-with-the-halley/

Another bug, not sure if it has been fixed. If the planet is moving away from the moon and you send the moon to the other side of the planet, the moon won't ever catch up with the planet.

When you select your target, target the planet directly underneath the moon.

In the future, naturally, this won't be an issue. In the meantime, it's what we have to do.
    carlorizzante likes this.
  8. carlorizzante

carlorizzante Post Master General

So, today I smashed a planet using its only Moon, and I discovered that my Commander cannot survive that way. It hadn't any place where to go.

On the other hand, the enemy Commander survived!! It walked right into my base when I smashed the Moon on top of its base. And it was the unique moving thing still walking after the armaggeddon.