Halley Activation Alert

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Tomasina, May 15, 2014.

1. Tomasina

Tomasina Member

I did a search but could only find a single embedded instance of this, so I apologize if it is repeated.

Does anyone know if there are any confirmed plans to be alerted when a planet is launched (Halley's are activated)? It would seem to make sense that a deep space radar would be required... but having an alert would save me from constantly having to zoom out to ensure I am not about to be obliterated.

I have noticed that when I launch a planet the AI tends to abandon ship pretty quickly... and I would basically like the chance to act similarly.

- Tomasina
    corteks, tatsujb and TheLambaster like this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Uber is working on greatly improving the notification system.

They recently recorded a bunch of voice over notifications for this system.

They have played it pretty close to the chest about what intel we will and won't have.

So... we'll see.
  3. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Well Uber is in the process of recording vocal cues for certain moments in the game, it's fair to assume that one of them will be "HOLY CRAP GIANT ROCK HEADED YOUR WAY! GET OFF THE PLANET NOW!!!"
    ...You know, something like that.
    kayonsmit101 likes this.
  4. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

i wonder if it should´t be at least neccesary to have deepspace radar for that ... there is something that feels a bit wrong about pa and that is that you can see the planets like all the time but not needing any intel on that but just for what is going on them ... so there are 2 things i like to be changed ... asteroids taking a bit more time reaching their destination and players requiering deepspaceradar in order to see the position of other planets before they can send satalites to them ... i mean we have planeteria and teleskopes for that reason we may have that implemented in PA aswell ... you might still be able to chose your starting locasion on any planet you want to but be blind after that to any other planet ... what you guys think bout that ? ... imo it would add a nice intel twist to the game ...
    though i am not quite sure how far we could expand gameplay with that ...
    it might be just more complex than adding to the game ...