Hacking Enemy Turrets.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by eternal, February 13, 2011.

1. eternal

eternal New Member

How many times have you ever seen or done this?

I've only ever seen it TWICE, both times the teams were lopsided in terms of skill. I can't imagine this ever working against a team of equal skill.

I've never done it myself. But it seems that if you are able to hack the enemies turret that pretty much means the game is over.

I'd love to know if uber has information on how often this happens. Its an amazingly powerful potential that is almost never able to be utilized, I personally prefer a weaker ability you can take advantage of more regularly.
  2. Akutare

Akutare New Member

I was only able to do it by myself once, and it was because I was juiced, even then, I almost died when I did it. It wasn't even worth it in the end, because another Support just airstriked it after I was done.
  3. thesambasti

thesambasti Member

I occasionally hack the longshot in front of the bot spawn on Spunky Cola, you can sometimes sneak over there and hack it while no one is watching. When you do it it's hilarious.
  4. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I've seen that happen; though someone built a RockIt turret there.

I didn't know what to do, it killed me pretty quickly...
  5. Warskull

Warskull New Member

Hack got nerfed to make it harder to hack turrets (and not be available super early.) It was a good move. Even with the old hack, competent players wouldn't let their turrets get hacked. However, noobs would let them get hacked in the first minute and it would destroy them.
  6. Goose

Goose Active Member

Hacking can be useful on Ammo Mule and Spunky because you have easy access to the furthest turret from the spawn. If its a Shave Ice or a Long Shot it is made even easier. Hacking shave-ice turrets are really fun. :D
  7. Rammite

Rammite New Member

Did you know that turrets lock on to one target until that target is dead or too far?

If you get a bot to distract the turret, then run around to the opposite side to hack it, it won't target you until your turret fodder is dead.
  8. Caliostro

Caliostro New Member

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing that an easy way to get a "free hack" is to toss your firebase out just at the edge of the turret's reach, and hack it while it's busy shooting your firebase. Best case scenario you get to keep both.
  9. sensitivepsycho

sensitivepsycho New Member

Hacking Shave-Ices is always hilarious.
  10. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

I saw this (awesome) Support on the enemy team keep hacking successfully any lvl 1 Rocket Turret on our side while the bots distracted the fire from him...

GENIUS!!
  11. Blackbeard

Blackbeard New Member

Once i actually managed to hack an enemy lv.1 rocket turret on ammo mule, it racked up so many kills and pretty much resulted in the loss of the other team. Although i don't think my name was showing up on the kill count for kills by the hacked turret but it was giving credit to the person who built the turret originally(not that i minded, it still helped to shut down the opposing tem). Had to be juiced to do it.

Aside form that ive never been able to do it again and have only seen it done once(luckily it was a lazer blazer so it was not that big a loss).
  12. Good_Apollo

Good_Apollo New Member

Crossfire is too chaotic for turrets to ever be a real factor so it's rarely worth the effort to expose yourself to hack one. They're just an afterthought and most supports are more worried about healing and their firebases.
  13. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

1. Get juice
    2. Have your firebase ready to deploy
    3. Approach target turret
    4. Deploy firebase. The enemy turret should start targeting the firebase instead of you
    5. Start hacking
    6. If necessary, juice to finish hacking
    7. Now you own an enemy turret, and it's hacked, AND you have your firebase for backup if it survived

Of course if anyone's paying attention and happens to grapple, charge, slam, airstrike, bomb, or headshot you, you'll fail.
  14. Mail

Mail New Member

Next time I see a level 3 shave-ice I will hack it instead of draining it for five minutes. Oh the hilarity.
  15. FTP

FTP New Member

I've once lost to a guy who hacked a level 3 rock it. Perfect combination of timing and decisions. I have the highest respect for that. I myself only hacked a lvl 1 rock it once and don't try hacking turrets often... but a shaved ice might be a valid pick... if they ever build some of those.
  16. iammclovin117

iammclovin117 Active Member

+1 And off-topic lol sensitivepsycho is a funny girl
    Try to hack one when someone just started the upgrade on it.