1. Jekate

Jekate New Member

I was just wondering on how hackers will be dealt with. I just played against one, so I was wondering if it was going to be left up to the server administrators or not to deal with them.
  2. Hako

Hako New Member

3. kurina

kurina Member

Although it is not an excellent system, the game should be VAC protected which will keep the general population of hackers down. From that point on though, I imagine the devs will keep an eye on things and patch any discovered ways to exploit and do things players shouldn't be.

The downside to VAC is it typically takes a few weeks for the hacker to be banned. This also may not be fully enabled for beta, but I have no idea there. :)
  4. Jekate

Jekate New Member

I don't need proof. I'm not trying to prove someone is hacking. All I'm asking is what measures are there to take care of them. If I needed proof, I'd have it.

As for VAC, yes it somewhat annoying but I guess it works...eventually. I know how it works and the few weeks wait is what really bugs me. Why let users play with hackers when you KNOW they're hacking. I know some of the reasons why they do this and I guess some are valid enough for a wait but it is still annoying...
  5. Bungle

Bungle New Member

It looks like this game is gonna have a pretty tight community. Hackers will get banned from the good servers and most of us won't have to worry about them. Any game built on the UE3 engine is going to have hacks - thanks to the dedicated servers, we'll be able to remove them from our community.
  6. kurina

kurina Member

In the mean time though, I would like to know if there is anything we can do regarding hackers if we have video footage of someone misbehaving. Not sure exactly what can be done, but it would be nice if devs were able to step in so long as proof if shown and somehow remove people continually exploiting the game. Testing something and reporting it is fine, continual abuse is not when it interferes with other people testing.

Just came across one myself that was pretty obvious, he wasn't even trying to hide it.
    Last edited: December 20, 2010
  7. Bungle

Bungle New Member

There is nothing Uber can do. VAC is obviously run by Valve. Each MNC server has its own independent admin. It's up to the admin of each server to ban the cheaters that VAC doesn't catch.

When the game is released, you'll find one or two servers that are your favorite. Pick servers with good admins and you'll be set.
  8. thrive

thrive New Member

To conveniently provide proof to server administrators (and this is by far the best way to quickly get rid of cheaters), the game needs:

1) A player-view spectate, plus spectator spots. Aimbotting is super-easy to spot (I knew Rock-AA was aimbotting as Assault the first time I died to him), but THIS FEATURE IS A MUST for spotting triggerbotters and wallhackers.

2) A working demorec feature. It half-works right now (demorec command), but when you play the demo back (demoplay) it just shows a black screen. You can hear players moving around and shooting, and you can even switch the view between players by pressing "fire." It'd be great if Uber could get this working.
  9. FriedrichPsitalon

FriedrichPsitalon New Member

Sigh. The beta is friggin less than a week old, and already the aimhacks.

I have no idea how to ban someone on my server yet, either. :/
  10. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

I'm hoping they just kill themselves in the future because their life must be pretty bad if they have to hack to be good at a video game to make their life feel... maybe a little meaningful?
  11. scathis

scathis Arbiter of Awesome Uber Alumni

We are aware of these hacks and will be working on solutions from multiple fronts.
  12. Diablohead

Diablohead New Member

First match I played on pc tonight and there was a sniper shooting from the hip and scoring headshot after headshot, thing is he was not trying to hide it at all and most of the time just stand there, a noob with a bot.

One to add to the wishlist would be to vote kick.
  13. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

I had a feeling Rock-AA was doing such as he never took cover and only way to ever kill him was to take the LONG way around to him using an assassin...more less the second he saw you, you where dead.

...Yet I still somehow out earned him in lifetime earnings on the rankings...Maybe just goes to show that headshots aren't everything? ( thought at this rate my K/D ratio is going to go negative... )
  14. Huff

Huff New Member

just ran into a blantantly obvious aimbot today, this guy never missed a headshot, saw cloaked assassins from a mile away, and killed tanks with an uzi in less than half a clip (no juice!).
    all that while running faster than a dashing assassin.

=(
  15. ICB

ICB New Member

just played one yesterday, this one only used a wallhack, but it was pretty obvious what he was doing since he was able to see cloaked assassins from miles away and left when i told him to turn off the wallhack or i would record the game and send it to uber..
  16. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I consider everybody a hacker who kills me more than once! :lol:
  17. Diii

Diii New Member

just played in a pub man amazing.

Umadbro? 70-1-3 only shooting headies and twitching like a css aimbot so fu funny
    then a dude joins named ronk-aa and he got a speedhack he was just running around and doing nothing just fu everything.

shame a shame :(\

Btw ronk-aa is already a Youtube hero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJN6uo3Ystc
  18. SALT

SALT New Member

A console kick command would be nice.
  19. Diii

Diii New Member

i thougt it was kickban name ?
  20. podwhacker

podwhacker New Member

Cheaters*

I thought this thread would be about hacking, lol.