"Gunners should have the most bot kills each game." Wut?

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Im Hudson, May 18, 2011.

1. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I played for a long time on the console, and I can honestly say that such a phrase has never been seriously uttered on the 360.

But on the PC, I find myself CONSTANTLY getting triple digit bot kills while I main the gunner. This happens even on servers with completely default regulation and overtime lengths. I say things to my team mates afterwords, and more than once have had people much closer to all-star (or even better, several ranks INTO allstar) tell me the gunner should be the top bot killer on the team, because he has the tools to do so (Slam to stun bots, mortar for long range AoE).

Do people ignore bots EVEN MORE on the PC than on the console? :(

Edit: I'm not saying the gunner should NEVER kill bots, but it seems like he should be contributing to thinning the lines when needed, not act as the primary bot slayer/controller.
  2. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

I havent heard that and I disagree with it.
    Tank and Assassin should have the most bot kills.

Maybe you just played on a weird server.

L. Spiro
  3. duckling

duckling New Member

Tank and sin should definitely be the main bot killers, but it seems pretty common to get sins who completely ignore bots.
  4. Vlane

Vlane New Member

I was in that game where that guy said that to you. Was amazing.
  5. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

Only level 3 mortar for me has ever been a good bot clearing tool. Level two takes two many shots to get the blackjacks out of the way.

I firmly believe that Gunners are better player killers and turret breakers. However I play assault and if my team does not pick up the slack then I get the most bot kills. I think that because no one else on your team was doing their part as well as they should is why you got the most bot kills.

As a side note: The in-game community seems to be those who frequent the forum mostly now. With only a splash of level 0-20 players here and there I have a grave sense that if there is not marketing push soon I may be seeing you all ingame more that I should.
  6. Z-UNIT

Z-UNIT Active Member

i find constantly that people completely ignore bots
    i have lost count of the times that i have gone triple digit bot kills and the next best is 20 or less
  7. killien

killien Active Member

Yes.

I tend to main Assault and it hasn't been unusual for me to have 2x+ the botkills of anyone else on my team, even classes better suited for botkilling

It's especially rediculous when the ratio of botkills between me and an assassin is 10:1

I even had a game on an hourlong server running Assault and at endgame people were surprised that I had over 400botkills and I'm not even sure if anyone else on my team had broken 100
  8. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I've also noticed assaults having REALLY high bot kills as well. I'm just in awe of the number of people who ignore bots on PC when there are BOT STREAKS right there.
  9. duckling

duckling New Member

Bots are easy money and juice (especially for assassins). I don't know why so few seem to bother with them.
  10. NeoCyberman

NeoCyberman Active Member

^Really makes me blame player education. The names and characteristics of some characters don't imply that they should kill bots. They should not mind you. Bot killing and ejector control should always be on your mind.
  11. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

Congratulations, L. Spiro. You have passed the MNC test. You are certified to play MNC.

Some people on PC do think that bots are unimportant, like xbox players, damn them to hell. However, more PC players I meet think it is acceptable for ALL CLASSES to kill bots. This is actually also mostly incorrect. Everyone should shoot up bots a little, but gunners aren't literally supposed to get the kills on more bots than any other class.

As stated above, tanks and assassins can kill 50 bots in the time a gunner kills 10 with his triple mortar. They should have the most bot kills. The gunner should simply mortar groups of bots for juice and to fund his war effort. He should MAINLY keep enemies inside their end of the map, hold the parimeter as the incarnation of map control, and only shoot bots occasionally between pushing map control with enemy players.

What kind of gunner or player in general actually thinks that a gunner should kill all the bots, while an assassin kills the other players, and a sniper kills the turrets? (LOLOLOL)

Also, we had this arguement in the XBox forums: Changing the name of the ASSASSIN to the KILLALLTHEBOTSANDJUICEONTHETURRETS wouldn't stop players from trying to be sword wielding ninjas against enemy players.
  12. verden

verden New Member

You know that thing where someone says the obvious statement, and you make fun of it for being so obvious, and then you end up doing it yourself in the exact same topic where you tried to ridicule the other post? I find stuff like that funny.

on-topic: It's pubs, watta ganna do?
  13. Robbert

Robbert New Member

I understand that gunner shouldn't main bots, but they give a lot of juice frow them. Once i died and when i spawned i found out that there was a group of 6-7 blackjacks in our spawn, with our team in front of their doors. After killing the bots (with the mortar) and picking up juice boxes i had juice.
  14. L-Spiro

L-Spiro New Member

For what it is worth, I did not see his post as a ridicule to my having said something obvious.
    It is just his personality to reply that way.

L. Spiro
  15. kotay

kotay New Member

most people dont kill bots cos it is boring, if this game had no bots or a tdm mode more people would still play it imo
  16. AmazeTheory

AmazeTheory New Member

This guy thinks otherwise. 2nd msg down.

[​IMG]
  17. Llamatron

Llamatron New Member

This

You see assassins with more deaths than botkills every day, sometime even tanks... Should be a "How does this work?" pro tag for any class achieving that.
  18. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

Money gained from kill streaks as a gunner -> juice machines is faster.
  19. Fitzgerald

Fitzgerald New Member

imo it really depends on the map, and at what stage the game is (how many jackbot XLs have spawned) for what classes are more suited to take the bots out. at the very beginning assaults and gunners are great at killing the waves, but thats just because the slims die in 1 shot. the further along the game goes the more time the assaults and gunners have to take to kill the bot waves though. Just depends on how much team work there is and the situation.
  20. Vlane

Vlane New Member

The first wave in a game should be left to the assassin to gain juice and destroy turrets.