Gunner vs. Sniper

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by SvartfaR, January 7, 2011.

1. SvartfaR

SvartfaR Member

It feels like the gunner can't hit the sniper like the other pro's, such as the sniper is to thin or something. ^^

I'm the only one had problems to fight the sniper in near combat? :evil:
  2. Lipucd

Lipucd New Member

NEAR combat? as a gunner, if you get into near combat with a sniper, that snipers good as DEAD.

You have slam. Slam is just such a great attack with it's rather massive AoE at lv3 it's not funny. Your mini gun barly needs to hit him to kill, and if he trys to run with a freeze trap, you got your modals.

LONG range is a different matter, then you only have one and one option...Modar around his area and hope you kill him before you get sniped or rapid fired to death.
  3. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

pff,

Passive 3 + 2 Mortar Shots = Sniper Dead
  4. SvartfaR

SvartfaR Member

Ok, maybe I better have to say mid range combat instead of near combat.

I'm level 60, a bit more I think, I don't know, don't pay attention at my level. Nearly I got this level with gunner only. So I know about Slam and mortar. But this isn't the problem.

It feels like the sniper is extremely hard to hit, when he is a bit out of the aoe of the slam. Other classes I hit easily, for example an assassin who is running away.

Nobody else noticed something like that?
  5. Skizzen

Skizzen New Member

The sniper was struggling with close/mid range gunners right up untill he saw The Matrix.
  6. Mibuwolf

Mibuwolf New Member

I just hope whoever modal, or or modar knows how to ACTUALLY spell mortar.

on topic: yes, I have a hard-ish time hitting him over other classes, but as a gunner you have LOTS of ammo. Just spray the som'bitch
  7. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Yeah, a moving sniper is pretty hard to hit with minigun, jetgun, and assault rifle, compared to other classes. He's such a stick figure
  8. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

you should rarely get the kill on a smart sniper at long range he will just run away before the second mortar round hits him.

Sniper at close to mid range should just be nothing but dead, long range you should probably just run an get to a better position.

whats your endorsements?
  9. roadkillgrill

roadkillgrill Active Member

Mortar will usually keep them behind cover, it can get a kill sometimes but just making them retreat or hide is enough for me.
  10. XyzKiller

XyzKiller New Member

Gold RoF :)

I know I'm better off just bookin', but I usually do the 2 shots very quickly, run, and get out of there to make him mad later.
    Then I come back and usually he forgets about me, so I lay down 2 mortars while he isn't looking my way...some snipers are just too slow. ;)
  11. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

yer i normally shoot at them a couple of times while moving away because its a risky fight, but most don't seem to smart and sometimes think they can get you so you get a lucky kill
  12. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

I disagree. I've managed to quickscope a gunner up close in the head before he got the kill on me more than once, dangerous situation though... :mrgreen:
    It just depends on the sniper, his aim and reflexes. Gunners are slow and easy to hit, especially if they're strafing sideways or standing still.

I won't say headshot quickscoping is an easy feat... So yeah, most but not ALL snipers would be dead up close. A smart sniper would retreat if he could, if he cant he might as well go down tryin'. :roll:
  13. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I highly recommend accuracy for this reason. Also, gold rate of fire is only better than silver rate of fire on the mortar gun and single minigun. The only way gold rate of fire would be better than silver if the game ran at a higher FPS.

Side note: Uber, you should make it so general discussion and strategy forums are shared by both PC and 360 users but keep the tech stuff separate.
  14. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

I always read the xbox strategy forums too. However, there are a few things that might be different. Quick scoping for once, that's a lot easier on the PC (I'm mostly on the worng end of the scope... :().

One question that I would like an answer to is: The gold RoF endorsement doesn't give you and advantage over silver on the xbox due to the limited framerate. Is the same true for the PC? Are you talking about the actual graphic frame rate, because I have V-sync on and have my fps limited to a steady 60 frames on my 1920x1080 TFT. Or are we talking about an engine internal frame rate (aka ticks).
  15. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I'm pretty sure it's engine and latency related, I'll try and find Scathis' post for you.

Edit:
  16. Col_Jessep

Thanks for finding that quote. Not entirely sure if Scathis meant the fps of the graphic card or the game itself. I guess I'll have to run some tests.
  17. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

I'm guessing that the client-side sim rate is tied to the frame rate - opposite to that of SupCom.

Still, if you get 60fps then you should be golden.
  18. Col_Jessep

I just tested it and I'm not sure. There might be a minor increase in the firing rate but I think it's probably not worth giving up the gold spot for it, silver will just do fine.
  19. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

what about with the vsync off? because with mine off im pulling 100+ fps so im wondering if that would help the gold vs silver and gold is amazing on the mortar
  20. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

THIS hurts. Gold Mortar hurts snipers the most if you manage to land on us. I only use silver Armor endorsemenet, but a direct hit with the mortar takes me down to 30% or less HP and two well placed shells is almost enough to kill at that point, it's enough to make a smart sniper retreat. I consider myself stupid and stubborn for wanting to kill at times like that. :?