Gunner and tank sometimes don't get jets

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by zarakon, January 5, 2011.

1. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

It seems to happen randomly, sometimes along with a little hiccup of lag. I'll try to jump+jet with tank or gunner, and he'll just regular jump instead.

Anyone else?
  2. wubnasty

wubnasty New Member

I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but I play tank and gunner a lot and haven't had this happen before. Does it happen a lot? It might be a problem with your space (or whatever you may have bound jump to) key.
  3. SvartfaR

SvartfaR Member

I mostly play Gunner and didn't noticed problems like that yet.

Maybe a problem with your keyboard. Not every keyboard works fine when you press
    different keys together.
    I can remember my first games with my G15 Refresh. Here I had to press the keys stronger than with other keyboards to get the hold down effect. Took a while till I get it. I don't know how much WASD-Games you play and which experience you have using your keyboard with it.
  4. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I already worked out which combinations of keys I can and can't use. That's the reason I'm using RDFG instead of WASD.. I got a program that highlights which keys are recognized as down, and I can press any reasonable combination without any problems. I think I've seen this when only running forward, anyway.

If it was just a loss-of-contact glitch in the key, I would only expect a brief interruption in jetting. Instead when this happens, I get no jets at all. I don't think I've ever had them cut short after starting or quickly glitch off then back on.

The slight framerate hiccup that I sometimes see at the same time also leads me to believe that it's something other than just my keyboard.

It is a pretty rare occurrence though, like once or twice over the course of several games, and I jump a LOT.
  5. asmodai

asmodai New Member

6. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

Still happens frequently on my new computer. Also a new keyboard (Deck mechanical, full n-key rollover)

Seems most likely to happen when I jump as soon as I touch the ground.
  7. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

its a lag issue , it happens often on the xbox and very rarely on the pc but it does happen.
  8. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I see it all the time on PC, and I generally play on servers with under 50 ping. I jump constantly though
  9. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

you see it often on pc really? are your pc specs good? have you been playing mostly on the same 50ping server? if so try a differant server.
  10. zarakon

zarakon Active Member

I get a constant 90fps

I play on many different servers
  11. heavensnight

heavensnight Member

whats your jump button? if it uses batteries are they fresh? maybe it is a bug .. i guess ive been lucky not to see it much .
  12. Myst

Myst New Member

This happens a lot to me too - also usually play on < 100ms servers and usually running 60+ fps.

I use WASD defaults and space to jump - doubt it's a key combination preventing the jets from kicking in, as the jumpjet sound doesn't even activate during the jump as it would during a controlled hop (also if it was key combination preventing space from activating, then the jump wouldn't happen either).