Grapples

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by bhaal177, April 1, 2011.

1. bhaal177

bhaal177 Member

Grapples... How do they work? They seem to be a mysterious phenomena that is it's own entity. 75% of the time, they work like you would expect them to. About 24% of the time, they teleport you around or give you an air grapple.

Okay, now the 1%. It's only happened to a very select few amount of people. I could not grapple them. I seriously pressed forward into an immobile target for 2 seconds straight. As in, I was pushing W untill I wasn't moving forward through the target any longer. While doing this I grappled, not once, but twice. I saw my fail grapple animation twice pushing solid against this person the whole time.

Am I seriously missing something here? Are there hacks that prevent grappling? Because I didn't see this guy get grappled the 4 rounds I played with him. Than again, he was very bunny hoppy untill I surprised him that one time. Is the net code just so bad that grapples just suck? We both were grabbing about 50 ping and I had no spikes. Even if he had a spike, I *should* have got the grapple. Speculation? Comments?
  2. RayHanley

RayHanley New Member

hax hav hit mnc D:<
  3. DehydratedWater

DehydratedWater New Member

Grapples worked perfectly until their 'network improvements' which still cause grappling to be an unpredictable mess.