Graphical artifacts

Discussion in 'Support!' started by m0dex, August 1, 2016.

1. m0dex

m0dex New Member

Hello,
    today I bought PA on Steam and decided to play it. Everything was working fine, until I got into game. The very second planet textures load it just starts to throw graphical artifacts at me. Strangely this happends only in PA. I play a lot demanding games and I do not experience artifacts in them, so it is not a graphical issue. I already tried reinstalling GPU drivers with the DDU tool, reinstalling the game and turning off Steam overlay. Changing video settings in game does not do anything.

My rig:
    CPU:
    AMD FX-6300 (Not overclocked) - 30°C idle, 55°C under load
    RAM: Kingston HyperX blue - 2x4 GB kit, 1337 MHz
    GPU: Sapphire Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition (Not overclocked) - 27°C idle, 60°C under load
    MB: MSI 970A-G46
    PSU: Zalman (Yes, I know. Shitty PSU) ZM500-LX
    HDD: Seagate 5400rpm 2TB drive

Uploads: DxDiag.txt

Attached Files:

2. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

Not sure what you mean by artifacts. But I would recommend increasing your page file to 12000 and see if this solves it.
  3. m0dex

m0dex New Member

Here is how it looks:
  4. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That looks quite bizarre. Though the reason you may not be seeing it in other games is because those tend to use DirectX while PA uses OpenGL for cross-platform reasons. Also in your DxDiag.txt it does say "Crashed in DirectShow (stage 1)", so something seems to be iffy. But you already thoroughly reinstalled the drivers, so it would be kind of odd if that is the problem.

Could you try running the SFC tool that comes with Windows? It checks system files for corruption and fixes it. Maybe that will find something. Instructions are here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929833

(By the way, the Imgur album was all messed up for me for some reason. If others have the same problem, the picture is here: https://i.imgur.com/JH7H4B1.jpg )
  5. m0dex

m0dex New Member

I already solved the issue by installing older drivers.
    LOCK REQUEST
  6. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Can you state which driver versions were used?
  7. m0dex

m0dex New Member

AMD Crimson drivers v15.12 from guru3d.com
    There is maybe newer version that works, but I did not have the time to try all the versions.
    cola_colin likes this.
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Thanks that may be helpful to others.
  9. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

There have been reports that AMD's newest driver (16.7.3 I believe) is broken for PA. The previous version works fine however.