Give us a counter to grapple

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Discussion' started by Litego, December 30, 2010.

1. Litego

Litego New Member

I hate grapple, its ******* annoying. Allow us to counter it by using grapple ourselves immediately after being grappled to some how stop it. Running around in stealth, going behind people unnoticed and press an I win button is stupid.
  2. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

3. Ferocity

Ferocity New Member

But what will become of the assassin then? Back Grapples is the assassins main "thing"
    Beside Assassins isn't that hard to notice, they make a loud humming sound while cloaked and they are never truly invisible. I can counter assassins even as Sniper. Give that poor girl a break :(

I know this sounds wrong coming from someone who main Assassin, but trust me on this one.
  4. Ironheart

Ironheart New Member

You can't counter what you don't see coming.

Also, getting grappled out of Charge is getting old.
  5. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Guys. There is a counter to grapple.

You jump. Or float depending on your class.
  6. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

Bunny hopping is a feature? Good to know. :mrgreen:
  7. Polynomial

Polynomial Moderator Alumni

Bunny hop? Sure!

You cannot be grabbed while in air. That's the counter.
  8. Col_Jessep

Col_Jessep Moderator Alumni

Play more. No, seriously! After a little while you will hear that hum of the cloak over almost everything else. When you hear it start hopping around and find a position where you have the advantage. If the Assassin is experienced she might get you anyway but make her work for it. Newbie Assassins rely too much on their cloak and grapple and can usually be tricked into an ambush.

What I really don't like is how Snipers can quick-scope you and do all that from behind a wall. That's broken and need to be addressed imo.
  9. Pluberus

Pluberus New Member

OHK grapple from stealth is still extremely irritating because there's not much you can do about it. With all the other classes you can at least see it coming...

I already do listen for Assassins stealth, but it's near impossible to hear in the middle of a firefight.

And what does quick scoping have to do with grapples from stealth? At least QSing takes skill...
    Last edited: December 30, 2010
  10. Ferocity

Ferocity New Member

I can confirm this. Everytime Jessep starts jumping, i eat lead.
    And i am already uglier then a tree full of possums...
  11. Col_Jessep

I love it when you play Assassin. The cat and mouse game is fun. When you go Sniper it's just boring. *plink* and I go back to the respawn room... :(

Make sweet love to me with a dagger! ;P
  12. BMSTed

BMSTed New Member

It's called Tank and Jumping. Though I am under the impression that you shouldn't be able to be grappled out of charges. If I'm wrong someone please tell me.
  13. Litego

Litego New Member

While scoped and trying to snipe?

Agree, QSing takes skill, grapple does not. People think meleeing in GA is skilless with a high reward, but this is ridiculous.

I guess I better turn on sound then, didnt know this.
  14. Ferocity

Ferocity New Member

But i have lvl 3 passive skill... Its a sword now :(

I played sniper that day because i wanted to try him out. First time playing as Sniper this week, and dang he doesn't mess around. I get more kills as sniper then i do as Assassin, but atleast as assassin i can push the bots to take down the moneyball. Can't do that as Sniper.

I'm sorry Jessep :cry:
    My dad allways told me not to aim on a friend through a scope.
    Just cross blades with them. never again sniper!
  15. Lucky13

Lucky13 New Member

I think that sometimes a change needs to be made to something, not because it is unbalanced, but because it is obnoxious, both are completely valid reasons for a change, because they both subtract from the overall fun of the game.
  16. Col_Jessep

<3
  17. Xx Tikki xX

Xx Tikki xX New Member

ok here's a tip, instead of complaining about something that is perfectly fine, try to get used to the game, the grapples are not OP, there no where near OP, you can hear only enemy assassins, you can see the cloak if they're close or if you bump into them, nearly all classes have a counter to it.

The assassin was made to counter sniper in a way, if your sitting in your base you should have ice traps up anyway and if they go off, check them, if something gets through them, they're obviously skilled enough to get the kill, against when scoped in, unscope look then go back to scoped in, LISTEN FOR THEIR HUM!!!!!!! its load as hell without a headset.

get over something you think is OP when it isn't, your new to the game, you will learn these things.
  18. kotay

kotay New Member

i really don't have any problems with assassins, but i tend to play tank with gold health, they back-grapple me, i charge them, they're stunned, i either burn them or railgun grapple them and get a ring out. Snipers shouldn't have any problems with them, surrounded in ice traps, eznp.
  19. BMSTed

BMSTed New Member

<3
  20. Litego

Litego New Member

I like to CQC, I feel useless if I camp for too long, so I dont always have traps around.

Back stabs in TF2 are annoying, but at least I dont have to stand there and helplessly look at myself being killed for 3 seconds. Make it instant and remove face grapple. In fact, just remove grapple all together, its just annoying, I bet its cool on a console, but on PC its just annoying.