Gifting a key

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by superroach, September 7, 2012.

1. superroach

superroach Member

This is probably a silly question, but I'd like to give a "key" to a friend.

I'm aware that I can purchase a separate key, but it'd be cool if I can get him in on the updates if there are backer ones. If there are not going to be any then that's fine :)

But basicly, will I have something I can "hand off" or email to him, even if the games ages away from being done :)
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

forward him the update-emails?
  3. mrwonko

mrwonko Member

I couldn't find anything against creating multiple accounts in Kickstarter's Terms of Use, so that might be an option, too.
  4. bgolus

bgolus Uber Alumni

I'm not sure if we'll be doing backer only updates on Kickstarter (as some others have done) or do them all on our own site through the forums or some other gating.

If we do end up doing updates on Kickstarter the only way to do this is to create another Kickstarter account and eventually change the e-mail on the account to his. Unfortunately that may also tie your Amazon credentials to that account.

Alternatively we'll eventually be linking the official forum accounts to game keys, so access to the backer forums will be contingent on that. Any update we do is likely to be mirrored there as well, so just getting an extra key will eventually give them access to those updates.
  5. archer6110

archer6110 Member

Along the same lines, when we purchase additional beta keys will we be receiving additional beta commanders as well? My 12 year old brother is very interested in this so I got the beta package with an additional beta key since he's just not old enough to be having his own accounts for those kinds of things, but he wanted to make sure he'd be getting his commander as well. (you know, so I'm not cheating against him or anything XD)
  6. neutrino

neutrino low mass particle Uber Employee

Gifting will be easily handled because you are just getting codes.
  7. strahle

strahle New Member

I pledged 40$ more ... for an additional beta-key for a friend ... Does the beta-key addon also include a game-key? Is that right?!
  8. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

yes ofc you get the key will work for beta and release
    40$ only for beta-access would be rough ;)