Get To Choose What Units Your Factories Can Build

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ascythian, August 22, 2012.

1. ascythian

ascythian Member

Its mentioned that you are basically your own faction with a lot of units that you share with others. What if before the match you get to tailor your commander/factories with what you can build in a seperate screen before a game?

Say there is a common build order that you can change in this seperate screen?
    You have 100 units you can build but you can only pick 40-50 in any one game.
    You could switch the build order of your factories to say remove your gunship for an extra fighter plane for example.
  2. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

Personally, I'm not really for that idea. It sounds like a pain to setup before every match and even if you can set it up beforehand and save configurations, it's bound to end up causing balance issues.

Personally, I think it would be cooler if they focused on making units extremely varied, yet not making any units a necessity. I really hate how in a most rts games you HAVE to get certain units. Like if the enemy builds planes, you HAVE to build AA (I despise AA units in every single game, including SupCom, apart from TA, where they don't really feel like AA anyway). It would be nice if there where so many units that building every type would be completely pointless, yet every one of them remained useful, so it was up to you to pick what you wanted.

Basically, lots of units, all useful, and NO DIRECT counters (which force you to build certain units to stop the enemy).
  3. thygrrr

thygrrr Member

No. Let the player choose and adapt their strategy on the battlefield, not in the gamelobby.
  4. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

this
  5. acey195

acey195 Member

this is like the 10th time you quote yourself :p,

but yeah I see the merit in your argument.

offtopic:
    Actually I did something in those lines for my still unreleased C&C Generals ZH mod, but with partially conflicting techtrees, yeah I should probably just release it, as I am not sure if I am able to work on it any further anyways... (Forgotten Fury)
  6. FunkOff

FunkOff Member

Don't be ridiculous. High-level games between great players can be won or lost before they even start. That's a good thing because it makes it all about strategy.