Gas Planets Anyone , Please add astroid belts

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by Spriggan43, March 3, 2014.

1. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

I did a quick search on the forum and was unable to find any conversation on the one. So here we are, would it be worth having any Gas planets in the system, Even if it’s just a visual planet.

Can we have Asteroid belts that can be controlled with only one Halley? Right now I have to create a moon that’s small and use my thinking box, and imagine its asteroid with (Aerosmith - I don't wanna miss a thing) in the background. Come on so what if it takes like one month 30 people coding day and night to create it, it’s so worth it.

Also can you add some much needed Easter eggs to the game, like a giant cat standing on its back lags and shoots lasers from its eyes, or a cat that flies’s around dropping nukes, do it.

[​IMG]
  2. stuartelliott

stuartelliott New Member

They talked about belts in the live stream.. its comming :p
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

We don't know exactly what Uber has planned for Asteroid belts but Neutrino has commented on several occaisions that it's something he does want to get it at some point.

Mike
  4. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

And the cats?
  5. wheeledgoat

wheeledgoat Well-Known Member

cwarner7264 likes this.
  6. stuartelliott

stuartelliott New Member

Mods will look after that good sir
  7. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

8. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

I was thinking Cats as it’s an Internet thing, also Easter eggs make a game last 15years form now. You are talking to your mate and you have those conversations on the Easter eggs and how fun the silly they were.

Like in AOE2 the car,
  9. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

Both are coming.
    Gas planets are going to be orbital-only planets that may or may not produce hilarious amounts of energy, and asteroid belts are (probably) going to be amazingly fun planetoid-sized cannon balls that will cause a great many 'splosions.
  10. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

What about moons with Smiley faces or Pyramids on the surface, that generate ever now and then?
  11. nixtempestas

nixtempestas Post Master General

Uber, if they have time or get too drunk one day, may put some aesthetic easter eggs in.

They have stated they will not have game changing random events though.

we'll just have to wait and see I suppose. If Uber doesn't do it, you can bet a modder will.

Heck, they already have the age of empires II taunt mod.
  12. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I present your Smiley Face, sir.

Attached Files:

ace902902 and ryan375 like this.
  13. Geers

Geers Post Master General

If there aren't any hidden Monoliths in the release build I'm going to demand a refund.
    igncom1 likes this.
  14. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I see you're new to the forums, so let me explain a few things.

First off. The game isn't finished.

Gas planets aren't something that can be just quickly added. Since they behave drastically differently than other planet biomes, they need new units, buildings, and balance changes. So. No. They can't be added quickly.

Astroid belts will be added. But the game needs a lot more performance improvements and other changes. If we had astroid belts, no one would be able to play the game.

Hang in there. Uber is working hard. We'll get there.

There's other things that are more important than gas giants and astroid belts.

As for the cat? That's mod territory.
  15. Spriggan43

Spriggan43 Active Member

“I see you're new to the forums, so let me explain a few things.” Is this at me? No quote/Reply.

Not trying to start like an internet war. But I must have said something that triggered an auto post that feels defencive. I never said anything about the games progress being behind or lacking, I fully understand and support the idea of when its done.

In regards to the Gas planets wheeledgoat already schooled me in the art of Search Results with Query: "gas giant".

As for the Asteroid belts I have seen so many you-tube videos, people referring small moons as asteroids. Plus just poking fun with the whole Aerosmith" I don't Wanna Miss A Thing "1998 film Armageddonmusic and also at how hard it is to code gas planets. Never suggested it was going to be a quick fix, contrary, "like one month 30 people coding day and night to create it" that's what I said., maybe that's is a quick fix.

As for large cats with lasers. I think it looks super awesome!
    cdrkf likes this.
  16. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

I will never understand why people ask for easter-eggs. I'm not saying that there shouldn't be any, but that Easter eggs are something that developers do for a whimsical laugh on their own accord. They are a sole privilege of the developer, put in for their own amusement. If an easter-egg is suggested or demanded by someone else, then by the very definition, it isn't an easter egg.
    igncom1, Fr33Lancer, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  17. vackillers

vackillers Well-Known Member

Asteroids are coming just a matter of time, when it comes to GAS Giants, it just depends if they can make a gameplay element out of them because you cant land or really build anything on them. Planetary rings however was confirmed in the last livestream as something they want to add though. Gas Planets will come I'm sure.
  18. mered4

You are SUCH a buzzkill.
    PhoneySpring646, iron420 and Antiglow like this.
  19. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Just trying to make sure everyone has realistic expectations about what Uber's priorities are and what's coming next.
  20. mered4

So yeah.

A buzzkill. :)

I didn't think I was entertaining the idea Uber was even close to being done with this stuff yet. Thought that was made clear.
    PhoneySpring646 and Antiglow like this.