Gas giants over Water planets

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by corhen, August 29, 2012.

?

which are you more excited for?

1. Gas Giants/orbital infastructure

13 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. water planets/ naval battles

43 vote(s)
    76.8%
  1. corhen

corhen Member

thinking about the stretch goals, and i realized im much more excited about gas giants than naval battles.

the idea of harvesting gas giants for the resources, building orbital infastruture to support that, and moonbases to protect them sounds much more interesting!

what do you guys think?
  2. sullenone

sullenone New Member

Admittedly I'm torn. On one hand I really, really want to see orbital facilities to play a fairly large role. I'm actually quite happy that there won't be much space combat, but I think it would still be very important to have some. On the other I really want to see diversity if planet types (as in ones you can actually build structures on).

I'm not really interested in naval combat and I would be quite happy if it merely added a few new structures and limited your unit choice to a few amphibious units.
  3. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

Both are cool, but I think 're-gaining' Naval first, is the logical progression before expanding in to what is essential a new area.
  4. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

While orbital units/gas planets does sound awesome, I'm the type of person who hates having something on the map that can't be interacted with. I'd really rather there be naval units so that there aren't a bunch of empty oceans, then the lack of a certain type of planet. Naval units and planets are being developed together, so you can't separate the two. No water planets, no naval units, empty oceans or no oceans (which would make all the planets barren, and probably more boring).
  5. conqueringfools

conqueringfools Member

I would be baffled if they don't raise enough cash to do both.
  6. neophyt3

neophyt3 Member

True.
  7. superroach

superroach Member

Here here to having those goals completed and looking forward to the next soon! :) (15k left)
  8. zennshinagas

zennshinagas New Member

I really like both, although I still prefer naval battles.

Both stretch goals should be reached anyway, the 3rd one should be too (if it's 1.5 million) at the rate this is going (don't forget paypal donations will also be taken into account, so this should add at least 50k in the end, maybe 100k).
  9. Bouncer2000

Bouncer2000 Member

even though it doesn't look like yet, I am pretty sure we will reach all stretch goals incl the locked once. I guess the last days should increase the budget drastically
  10. yinwaru

yinwaru New Member

Penny Arcade comic/advertising push could probably do it, but nobody knows if that's going to happen (well maybe someone does, but they aren't going to be saying anything about it). I think we'll at least get the first two stretch goals. Hopefully more, but we'll see.
  11. yogurt312

yogurt312 New Member

They have already mentined it on their news, if a comic is coming its coming.
  12. ooshr32

ooshr32 Active Member

13. 0ritfx

0ritfx Member

14. christopher1006

christopher1006 Member

Both, these battles will be able to span at least a solar system and it would be kind of pathetic if the only way we could win is with land and air units. Fun yes but there wouldn't be as many strategic options available if you can't launch and amphib assault or if you can't build things like spy sattalites or orbital cannons.