Gameplay bugs.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Clopse, June 24, 2014.

1. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I really want to play this patch but the amount of gameplay bugs are at level crazy.

Area build for mex is temperamental. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Fabbers need to be constantly babysat just incase they decide to stop. Seems to occur more when wrecks are involved. Temporary fix: don't use

Work needs to be done on the ghost buildings. Sometimes they will build and sometimes the fabbers just continue on with their build order and forget about it. More noticeable at the start. Temporary fix: give ample space for buildings.

Bombers sitting on the ground will take off if a fighter flying over. Kinda idiotic.

Air continues to get stuck in some parts of the map.

While assisting fabbers with aa veh, the aa vehicles follow rather than assist and group commands always have them at the back. Maybe a protect command would be better.

Ui becomes sticky at times. Hard to give commands and select units.

Need a restart of pa after every game.

Restore defaults in settings could have a are you sure button or moved to the bottom.

I made a clean install of pa yesterday... I think. Was too annoyed with the game to see if this fixed anything. Do other people experience these? Especially those with vanilla pa and no mods etc.
    zweistein000 likes this.
  2. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Agreed. This latest patch has been really buggy.

The UI crashes has made the game completely playable for me. It's really frustrating.
    zweistein000 likes this.
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

Which parts are sticking for you particularly? Unit selection seems to have been the main offender of late, how's the build bar responsiveness, and order response?
  4. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I don't use the build bar too often. But works fine when I do. Neptunio was saying his doesn't work too good. Slow to select and deselect. He even gets blueprints of ants to build with the commander.
  5. Quitch

Quitch Post Master General

Has the new pathfinding made its way into live, or is it PTE only?
  6. wondible

wondible Post Master General

I don't believe there has been a PTE release since that was streamed.
    Quitch likes this.
  7. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

There's a pathfinding overhaul on Uber's internal builds at the moment - nothing that we can play on yet.
    Quitch likes this.
  8. Fr33Lancer

Fr33Lancer Well-Known Member

It's a bit painful, but I get used to area reclaim + area build mex.
    Area reclaim is also a good boost when performed over a destroyed base where you usually wants to take ownership of the mex.

I also noticed something like a 2-3 seconds delay where you can kind of overlap the "margin / padding" of structures, so to speak. A bit annoying for OCD people like me or when you try to optimize the space around your commander in the first 2 minutes to minimize walking time.

I like the idea of a protect command, or have the assist command perform an area assist / patrol around a mobile unit.
    Might be tricky to implement, since most area stuff are defined over a static point.
    If it's not possible on a moving unit, and you have to stop the unit, it won't be usable (too much micro)