Game unplayable with recent patch, constant crashing

Discussion in 'Support!' started by takfloyd, October 12, 2014.

1. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

So I installed the patch and tried hosting a game. Now, every time I click on ANYTHING in the lobby the game spontaneously crashes. Add team? Crash. Type something in chat? Crash.

And then when I try to rejoin my own game I find that someone else has become the host of my game. And if that person leaves, the host job goes to another person who is not me, seemingly the last one to join. Turning everything into a frustrating nightmare as I try to regain control of the game I CREATED.

Running Windows 8.1, non-steam version. Didn't have problems like this before, though the game has always tended to crash after finishing a game.

Is it too much to ask for just a modicum of stability?
  2. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member

Hello,

A DxDiag.txt containing your system information would be nice. Is the crash something like a Windows error that said "PA.exe has stopped working" or a crash in which the UI did not respond?
  3. takfloyd

takfloyd Active Member

It's the usual "stopped working" crashes, mixed with inexplicable crashes where the game just terminates without warning. I think most people are familiar with this after playing this game for a while.

Got it working by disabling user account control and restarting, I think it might be an issue with admin privileges. Game still crashes sporadically in menus though, plus every time a game ends. But in-game it mostly works fine.

At least it definitely seems like the game has improved in-game performance in this version, although the pathfinding doesn't seem to be much improved... some of my units managed to get stuck coming out of their factories...
  4. kjotak109

kjotak109 Well-Known Member