Game recorder "Action!" no longer working

Discussion in 'Support!' started by namelesst, November 20, 2014.

1. namelesst

namelesst Member

So I decided I would start recording a few games and then to my surprise found out that PA now crashes as soon as I open my recording program. If my recorder is ready to go before the game is started, the game crashes immediately. I used to record every now and then while in beta and I want to know why I can no longer use the same program....
  2. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

I don't get crashes but dxtory can't even record PA now. It's also historically always had a lot of problems recording properly with other programs as well.
  3. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I've never had any problems using OBS to record PA.
    cola_colin likes this.
  4. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

That's really not good enough, you don't have contol over splitting audio streams, codecs and quality.

@wpmarshall told me he knew which patch it broke for him so perhaps we can pinpoint a particular change that screwed things up?
  5. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I've never really needed any more features than those that OBS provides, personally. Maybe that'll change when I get my internet back and my new shiny PC :p

Plan. Paging @wpmarshall
  6. wpmarshall

wpmarshall Planetary Moderator

Action has not worked for me since the release update. Came back from PAX and it didn't work for me.

Perhaps @sorian might have an idea as to the change.
  7. Sorian

Sorian Official PA

I use OBS myself, so no idea what the problem may be. Maybe @jorgenpt would have a better idea.