Game no longer playable (for now)?

Discussion in 'Mac and Linux' started by hobarrera, May 28, 2014.

1. hobarrera

hobarrera New Member

Now that the game has issues with open source drivers[1] and with the nvidia drivers[2], is it suddenly unplayable unless you have ATI+Catalyst?

Or is it somehow possible to run older versions of the game? (I've looked around a bit, but didn't find links, and i'm not sure if they would still work or not).

A few friends of mine purchased the game, but I only have access to PCs running nvidia and Intel, so now that I've RL friends to play it with with it I can no longer run it. :(

[1] http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=3057
    [2] http://pa.lennardf1989.com/Tracker/index.php?do=details&task_id=3539
  2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

What exactly is your issue on Nvidia blob?
  3. hobarrera

hobarrera New Member

It's described in the issue I linked in the post above. I don't know what other detail I can provide to narrow down the issue.
  4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

This doesn't looks good to be fair:
    Code:
    /opt/PA/host/CoherentUI_Host.bin : symbol lookup error: /opt/PA/host/CoherentUI_Host.bin : undefined symbol: udev_new
  5. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

Can you try replacing the contents of /opt/PA/host/CoherentUI_Host with the following and let me know if that changes anything?

Code:
    #!/bin/bash

HOST_DIR="$(dirname "$0")"
    exec "$HOST_DIR"/../steam-runtime/run.sh -a "$0" "$HOST_DIR/CoherentUI_Host.bin" "$@"
    shootall and hobarrera like this.
  6. hobarrera

hobarrera New Member

Initially, I got this:

Code:
    [23:26:20.381] INFO Coherent host dir: "/opt/PA/host"
    [23:26:20.381] INFO Coherent local store: "/home/hugo/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/localstore"
    /opt/PA/host/CoherentUI_Host: line 4: /opt/PA/host/../steam-runtime/run.sh: Permission denied
    /opt/PA/host/CoherentUI_Host: line 4: exec: /opt/PA/host/../steam-runtime/run.sh: cannot execute: Permission denied
    [23:26:20.415] WARN nav spec[/pa/units/commanders/avatar/avatar.json] moveSpeed[500] vs brake[700] results in a VERY LARGE distanceToStartBraking[178.571]!!!
     It's recommended that brake be increased or max move speed be decreased so 'distanceToStartBraking' is less than the radius of a small moon[150].
    [23:26:20.494] INFO {{FMOD}} fmod buffer size 5
    [23:26:20.516] INFO Setting graphics to high

So I ran "sudo chmod 755 /opt/PA/host/../steam-runtime/run.sh" and tried again. That seemed to get the game running/fix the issue.

Is there any feedback or additional I can provide to get this permanently fixed? :)
    shootall likes this.
  7. jorgenpt

jorgenpt Uber Programmer Uber Alumni

Great to know, thank you for your feedback! I will try to get this resolved for the next update.
    shootall likes this.
  8. ubersnotch

ubersnotch New Member

Hello,

this did not solve the issue for me.

I attached my logfile. As you can see, I also got the SAO bug which is addressed at the bugtracker (ID = 3481) but I don't know if this has something to do with it.
    Also, when I use the --software-ui flag the game starts for me, but then I don't get a mouse cursor.

Thank you.

Attached Files: