Game Lag identified + F/Impressions

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by darktactics, November 22, 2013.

1. darktactics

darktactics Member

Hi Guys,

I have been spending some time with the beta and tried to test as many of the featues as possible. Below are my first impressions and also some issues I have. Others in the forum have had similar so, maybe we can see if there is a common denominator here.

First impressions:

I have to admit that I was expecting something along the lines of, 'C&C Generals' accross a whole planet with space elements (like colonising other planets and planet smashing). What it feels like to me is more a kin with 'Empire Earth II'.

The look and feel of the trailer gives the impression of a slightly cartoony approach. I personally like it but I seems like there is too much detail and accuracy in the unit models. I think it might look better if the units were unrealistically proportioned compared to the buildings. Also I find the speed the units move to be way too slow to be of any use other than a planned straight attack.

The game has such great potential though and it is coming together really well. I imagine that the mod community will give us some great content.

Issues:

The Lag that some have commented on, has caused me a ton of frustration. I also got the pixelisation effect and pauses. I took a look at task manager and saw that PA.exe was at 99/100% CPU time. No wonder there is lag. Can anyone else verify this with me? If this is similar to many other peoples experience than there is a bug going on. I didn't see anyone suggesting this in other posts but I didn't read every single one. Please don't give me the business if it has been looked into already. I am only trying to help. (Yes updated drivers etc, Win7, quad AM3, 8gig, SSD)

Reply to this if you also have 100% cpu time with PA.exe.

I notices some people really putting down the efforts of the development team in this forum. To he honest, even if the game never gets polished to C&C Zero hour standards it is still taking us all one step closer to RTS perfection. The ultimate RTS experience will have to be planet smashing and full of space marines and mechs etc. I think PA is still coming on nicely. Looking forward to the updates.

Am still reading others posts, there are lots to get through.

Cheers guys.
  2. roadtoad42

roadtoad42 New Member

PA should be using 100% of CPU. Sleep() instructions should be saved for platforms that have power consumption limitations.
  3. doud

doud Well-Known Member

https://forums.uberent.com/threads/game-performance.53766/page-2#post-823687