game freezing on title when starting

Discussion in 'Support!' started by shadow4858, October 10, 2015.

1. shadow4858

shadow4858 New Member

the game just stops working every time i open ever since i got the game, im using windows 10 and i have checked every other forum with a related problem to mine but every thing i try seems to not work so now i came here to see if this problem can be fixed im also on version 88288, and also here my dxdiag file if you need it

Attached Files:

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Can you try setting the DPI setting in Windows back to 100% and see if that helps? It seems to be set at 250% right now.

Also check the list of known incompatible software to see if you have any of those.
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558751813508748383/
  3. shadow4858

shadow4858 New Member

i just did it did the same thing, and made very thing very small. also im on a 4k monitor so thats why its at 250 my resolution is 3840 x 2160
  4. shadow4858

shadow4858 New Member

also here are two logs from before and after i did the dpi change

Attached Files:

5. DeathByDenim

Yeah, it seems to crash at the same point, so it probably wasn't the DPI setting then. Those logs are helpful though. It crashes right after trying to set PA to full screen. I wonder if it would also crash in windowed mode. Unfortunately, to change that, you would need to get running PA in the first place and there is only a option to force full-screen.

What you can try however, is to set the resolution of your screen to somewhere in the neighbourhood of 1280x720 and see if PA will run then. 4K is not officially supported (yet), so I am wondering if that is causing the problem.
  6. shadow4858

shadow4858 New Member

just tried and same results, here's the log anyways but it looks the same when i'm on these settings

Attached Files:

7. DeathByDenim

I looked somewhat closer at your log file now and the all have this line:
    Code:
    [5124:7828:ERROR:gpu_info_collector_win.cc(102)] Can't retrieve a valid WinSAT assessment.

That's an error that occurs with Chrome (which is what the Coherent UI that PA uses is based on). So a couple of things you can try:
    • Run PA with "--software-ui". That will disable hardware rendering and hopefully stop the crashing.
    • Go to "%LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment" by copy-pasting that in the address bar of Explorer. There will be a folder called "Planetary Annihilation" there. Rename it to "Planetary Annihilation.bak" and try again. This will reset everything to a clean configuration. If that doesn't work, you can delete the newly created one and rename the old one back.
    • Check if you run PA through any compatibility settings and try turning them off if you do.
    Did you ever check the list of incompatible software I linked to earlier by the way?
  8. shadow4858

shadow4858 New Member

just tried and no luck and yes i have look at the incompatible list and the only thing i had on that list was my anti-virus eset nod-32 but i followed the instructions to get around it
  9. shadow4858

shadow4858 New Member

wtf i was going to send you a video of what happens and i updated xsplit game caster and when i was starting to record as soon as i open Pa it loads, i don't know if xsplit was the problem or if xsplit made the game start differently
    but anyways it worked dont know how this makes sense....
  10. DeathByDenim

Ah, yeah, xsplit did cause trouble in the past. I guess that one wasn't on the list...
    Well, glad you got it fixed! :)