Game freezing, flashing, and lag at the start of the game

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Formous, July 26, 2018.

1. Formous

Formous New Member

This is a continuation of a post on Steam. White-listing prevents me to link it here.

Posting the logs of a few of our game attempts with my friend. He was host for when we managed to get past the issue finally.

As a recap, the game would be completely frozen once the Solar system is loaded in after the start game button is hit in Custom games. It would proceed to periodically advance the frame, flashing between each frame change. When the list of worlds pops up for deployment during the start phase, if I clicked one of those worlds, the game will snap into orbital view and completely return to functionality. Freezing does not return at any point in the battle, regardless of Solar system size, or battle size.

Attached Files:

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

3. lulamae

lulamae Planetary Moderator

1)
    First thing I notice is that your graphics driver is out of date.

You can download the latest driver from
    https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/radeon-400-series/radeon-rx-400-series/radeon-rx-480

After downloading, but before installing the latest graphics driver , I highly recommend running DDU using the process/procedure recommended by the developer.
    http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

2)
    After installing the new graphics driver, open the driver software and check your settings. You DxDiag file indicates that your monitor(s) native refresh rates are 60Hz but your card was outputting 59Hz. See if you can adjust the output to 60HZ

3)
    Are you running 2 monitors from this card? If so, does this occur when you fully disconnect your secondary monitor?

4)
    Are you playing in full screen mode? If so, go to game Settings>Graphics and set display mode to WINDOWED. Exit, and restart the game. Does the flashing persist?
    Last edited: July 30, 2018