Game crashing when connecting to online.

Discussion in 'Support!' started by underscore1112, October 14, 2015.

1. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

The game has all of a sudden begun crashing whenever it connects to online about a hour ago. Seems to work fine when not connected to the internet, but I wasn't about to wait and see if the game would stop trying to connect to online. The moment i connected back to the internet the game crashed again. I reinstalled the game, issue persists. The game was working only and hour or two ago.

Just tried playing through a different steam account and it works fine, what is this?
  2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

That's just weird. You can try looking at the PA logs to see what is causing the crash. You can find those here:
    Windows: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\log (copy-paste this in the address bar of Explorer)
    OSX: ~/Library/Application Support/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log
    Linux: ~/.local/Uber Entertainment/Planetary Annihilation/log
    It should hopefully contain a crash link at the end of the log.

Since it somehow seems connected to your Steam account, you can also try resetting the PA configuration. It's in basically the same location as above except the "log" part. You can just rename the "Planetary Annihilation" to "Planetary Annihilation.bak" and try again. If it doesn't help, you can always delete the newly created one and rename the old one back.
  3. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

no reason to try, I tried this on two computers and the same thing happened. My current display name is [RLM]Annihilatorerer . Do I still need to post logs?
  4. DeathByDenim

Yeah, if they have crash info, then that could help figuring out what is going on.
  5. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

will post logs when i a get a chance.
    Last edited: October 14, 2015
  6. mkrater

mkrater Uber Alumni

Is the game crashing and closing or is the game stuck on one screen?
  7. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

sorry, i did not notice that you had replied. the game will begin to connect to playfab and then crash. This only happens with my main account. Same issue on both computers, will normally log in fine with my secondary account.

Attached Files:

8. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

I'm also getting a separate issues now stating when trying to log in. "unable to sign in, there is a problem with steam. Please restart steam and try again, or contact us at support@uberent.com." attaching separate crash report. This was after playing a custom server and force quitting.

Attached Files:

Aryzing likes this.
  9. DeathByDenim

I was helping somebody with a similar problem. It was also following that person around from computer to computer. The thing that fixed it was doing a password reset. It was very weird, but I guess some account data got reset, so you might want to try that. (source)

It seems to complain about region. So can you go to settings -> server and choose a different region there and see if it still happens?
  10. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

the password reset does not seem to have worked
  11. DeathByDenim

Ah, shame.

Could you check the list of software known to cause bad stuff? It would have to be installed on both computers of course, but who knows. The list is here: http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558751813508748383/

(Though that would be kind of weird with it working with one account, but not the other, but worth a shot anyway, I think.)
  12. underscore1112

underscore1112 Member

Alright, its possible the password reset did work, because it seems to be working now. Just took a while. Thanks for your help!
    DeathByDenim likes this.