Game Crashes at Uber Launcher

Discussion in 'Support!' started by kromius, January 27, 2015.

1. kromius

kromius New Member

Hey everyone, I've been wanting to try out the game again but every time I log in hit the play button, I get the PA.exe has stopped working message. This happens on both stable and PTE. I've updated my drivers and re-installed the game but no luck. Any/all help appreciated!

Best Regards

Attached Files:

2. SXX

SXX Post Master General

First of all check if you have any incompatible software installed:
    http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/558751813508748383/
    In case you have some software from this list try to disable/remove it and try to run game.

If this not help please upload few game log with crash URLs as explained there: http://steamcommunity.com/app/233250/discussions/2/648814845443326834/
  3. kromius

kromius New Member

Thanks for the replay. I do have Kasperski AV which was on the list but adding pa.exe and the uber launcher application to the trusted apps didn't work. Neither did disabling it. I have 4 logs, the last one(PA-22-32-12.000) being on the PTE after adding the game to the trusted application. I didn't find any CrashID in the text file though.

Attached Files:

4. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Sadly non of logs contain any useful information except this:
    Code:
    [22:20:19.793] ERROR requestLiveStreams got failure: TTV_EC_HTTPREQUEST_ERROR
    [22:20:20.855] INFO client::ClientGame::setMusic /Music/Main_Menu_Music
    [22:20:20.401] INFO Uploader exited with exit code 1
  5. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Exit code 1 means failed, right? Wouldn't the crashuploader program be blocked by Kaspersky as well? Adding that program to the exception list would at least allow for useful crash dumps, I think.
  6. SXX

SXX Post Master General

I suppose this may mean that and also I'm remember it's may mean there was too many crash reports earlier this day (though in this case there should be some other error about that too).

Might be worth to remove this file and try to check logs after game crash again:
    Code:
    C:\Users\#USERNAME#\AppData\Local\Temp\checkpoint.cpk
  7. kromius

kromius New Member

Hey, I tried adding the crash uploader to the trusted list in Kaspersky. Also removed the checkpoint file. The Logs seems to be the same though:( Is there anything else I can try? I can also make a video of it happening if that would help.

Attached Files:

8. SXX

SXX Post Master General

Try to click "View problem details" button in "stopped working" window.
    Then we'll at least know in which DLL crash occur.
  9. kromius

kromius New Member

So I tried to do that but it only had debug and close options. when I hit debug it said it had a win32 exception with pa.exe[13900] and to choose a debugger.

After this I decided to try to redownload the game again. After the redownload and re-install the game got to the main menu with all the options for single player,multiplayer and armory etc. However it had sign into playfab at the top and when I try to do this it blinked for a second and did nothing. The multiplayer options were greyed out and I cant play single player because it says cant connect to server when I try. Glactic war works until I get to a fight where i get the cant connect message again. I tried restarting the game and then it started crashing again. Also, I did re-add pa to Kasperskies trusted list right after re-downloading. The log for when it got to the main menu is different though.

Attached Files:

10. DeathByDenim

Could you try performing a clean boot? If PA works without crashing during a clean boot, then that means it's software that is interfering somehow. Instructions are here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us
  11. kromius

kromius New Member

Crash happening after clean boot too it seems. Log looks to be the same as well.
  12. DeathByDenim

Actually, in going over your most recent PA log, I saw this:
    Code:
    Could not resolve server hostname "localhost"
    That's not good as "localhost" should always resolve. Also, this isn't good either:
    Code:
    ERROR requestLiveStreams got failure: TTV_EC_HTTPREQUEST_ERROR
    Which reminds me, there are two PA.exe's for Windows. One is 32-bit (and lives in the x86 folder?) and the other is 64-bit (and lives in the x64 folder?). Could you just add all of those executables as exceptions in Kaspersky as well as the server.exe?
    By the way, this didn't show up in your previous logs, so it probably won't stop the crashing, but at least fix the greyed out buttons in the main menu again.
  13. kromius

kromius New Member

So i added those to the trusted list, but was still getting the crash. However, I tried launching the game straight from the pa.exe in the x86 folder and it worked just fine. Just had to log into play fab and from there everything seems to work. Apparently the crash only happends when i go from the uber launcher.