Game content proposal part 2

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by ang77, August 7, 2013.

?

Which ideas do YOU think should be added?

Poll closed December 5, 2013.
  1. Idea 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Idea 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Idea 3

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  4. I like all of these, and I want more ideas in the future!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. ang77

ang77 New Member

alright, so I have some more new ideas that are less complex to the game, and i'm itching to share them with you. and again, feel free to comment about these and post your own.

First things first: What game with a name like Planetary Annihilation would not have experimental units? I am almost 90% sure that they are going to put in experimental units, as those types of things are something of a must have for a game that is all about strategic chaos! Anyway, the first experimental unit I have is something like a GIANT TANK. equipped with a huge cannon, and having armor as thicker than all other units, this tank is basically just 2 tons of armor and a giant artillery sized cannon. It would take a lot of metal and energy to build, however it would be almost a game ender type of unit. It would roll over other units as well as fire at with the gigantic cannon, making multiple kills per shot. This idea can definetly be tweaked and modified, please post any comments you have about this idea.
    this is poll idea #1.

Heres another experimental: What I call, The Hopper. it may not be the largest unit, but it can jump tremendous distances and land on enemy units, then finish them off with dual cannons on its arms. this unit would take a medium amount of resources, time, and an advanced fabrication unit to build. this would be best to "hop" into the middle of enemy bases as an annoying distraction while the main army attacks an enemy base, or to just decimate unprotected metal extractors and energy plants. This idea can definetly be tweaked and modified, please post any comments you have about this idea.
    this is poll idea #2.

Heres an air unit to think about. basically a flying fortress, it has an air factory, many guns pointing both down and up for anti air and anti land, and when self destructed or destroyed, its wreckage would badly wound or destroy almost everything under it. this would take somewhere between medium and large resources, time, and an advanced fabrication unit to build. This idea can definetly be tweaked and modified, please post any comments you have about this idea.
    this is poll idea #3.

thanks for reading this, and if this gets enough attention, there will be more unit suggestions to come. make sure to vote on what you want before the game comes out!
  2. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Poll is biased.

Mike
  3. cyprusblue

cyprusblue New Member

You are leaving out "none", and thus this poll is useless.
  4. lazeruski

lazeruski Active Member

i miss the "i don't need experimentals to have fun, because i can turn asteroids into huge firebases or massive kinetic projectiles with 1000times the power of a regular nuke"

not that your ideas are bad...but...it would fit for SupCom.
    if i imagine how big a experimental would be, and how small our current planets are...nope
  5. sabetwolf

sabetwolf Member

6. SleepWarz

SleepWarz Active Member

I preferred the artillery and strategical warfare of TA, to supcoms experimental trump cards.

Nothing quite like 10+ berthas in a line, even to this day. The sound, the damage, the physics, so perfect.
  7. Grounders10

Grounders10 Member

Before throwing idea out would you at least WATCH the livestreams and look around the forum to find out what is confirmed. I mean they are there for a reason. Also:
    viewtopic.php?f=61&t=44950

I'm not sure when knight last updated it but that's the most complete list you'll get. Finally Allow people the option to disagree with you. Add a 'I do not like any of these ideas' option.
  8. ang77

ang77 New Member

alright everyone, you dont have to be this harsh. I just thought with the upcoming bigger planets and giant cannons that they might consider putting in experimentals.
  9. ang77

ang77 New Member

btw... what does biased mean? I am not quite used to a lot of special words like these.
  10. ang77

ang77 New Member

the planets are going to get much bigger, ranging from these smaller planets to huge planets. experimentals are great, and I expect they will add a few experimentals into the game. because if they are going to have something like a big bertha, or nukes, the least they can do is add the experimental units everyone wants.
  11. ang77

ang77 New Member

I cannot do that now.
  12. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Did you try looking it up?

Mike
  13. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

14. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

There's no option to say "I don't want any of these."

Every option agrees with you. None of the options disagree, so no matter what we think, our votes support you.
  15. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

In such cases, I abstain.

A poll with only 1 vote is pretty indicative of what people think of the options.
  16. osirus9

osirus9 Member

I don't like any of these options. And to be honest, I could have thought of these experimental ideas in about 4 seconds. The only remotely interesting one that has even a single unique thing about it is the hopper.

Also considering you don't know what the word biased means, we can assume you have no ability to search for things (why ask here when you could copy and paste the word into google and have a definition in seconds?). To me this makes you seem like you consider yourself above such petty things as considering other people's opinions and reading topics just like this one which have been talked to death with many valid arguments going both ways.

If you think I'm being too harsh, that's fine, but you have to see the inexcusable amount of ignorance you displayed by making this thread at all. Maybe next time you'll actually think and read before you post.
  17. zaphodx

zaphodx Post Master General

18. nanolathe

nanolathe Post Master General

So cute!

Supposedly, proportional to weight ferrets (and other members of the weasel family) have one of the strongest bites in the whole of class Mammalia!
  19. osirus9

osirus9 Member

20. YourLocalMadSci

YourLocalMadSci Well-Known Member

I believe this wins my "esoteric fact for the day" award. Well done.