Galactic War suggestion

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by sycspysycspy, May 24, 2014.

1. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

Galactic War Reminds me of Emperor: Battle For Dune
    In the single player mod of Battle For Dune, some aspects are quite suitable(or should be implemented) for Galactic War:
    1. AI and player take turn to take action on a single planet, so basically like chess,one round attack one round defend.
    2. After an area is occupied there is a standard base built on the spot.
    3. When an area is under attack the nearby/surrounding area could reinforce the battle zone.
    4. There is difficult level in percent to tell how hard it is to attack or defend a certain area.
    5. When under attack you could decide to retreat or defend.
    6. You can move your force (in this case could be commander and sub commander to garrison an area or join force to attack an area on the map.
    7. New techs unlocked when more rounds are played or certain event of an area(maybe we can put a death star in the center of the system so whoever gets hold of that planet could use additional super weapon in the future wars)

I quite like the random tech idea but it's just need so much luck, maybe we should make every basic units available and make advance units in the tech only? Because sometimes it's just too hard if you lack something. Right now you need to discard old techs to fit new techs in, I think it's also necessary to make an inventory for tech people will love trying to collect as many techs as possible. When you get duplicated techs you can "reconstruct techs" such as sacrificing 2 unwanted techs to get a random basic tech, 3 to get a selected basic tech and 5 to get a selected advanced/complete tech etc. That would also make it possible to switch strategy during the war.
    Last edited: May 24, 2014
    Murcanic likes this.
  2. sycspysycspy

sycspysycspy Active Member

:oops: