Galactic War speed runs

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by jeez, June 2, 2014.

1. jeez

jeez Member

Current record 1:30 held by Tohron.

Inspired by one of Zaphodx's "braindroppings":

Let's see what the absolute quickest time to defeat a single enemy commander is. The single most efficient build, with the single most efficient power up tech set you can find.
    Who will be king of the credit? Who knows how to crunch the numbers, and then apply some crunching to the enemy forces?

I am talking about one showdown here! Show your power, and spread fear in all enemy forces in the Galaxy! Make the AI reconsider their motives!

To kick things off, I submit the following:

speed run.png

2 minutes and 38 seconds.

I am fairly certain this can be beaten. My personal best went from 6:15, to 4:30, to 3:36, to 3:20, to this. In that order, on consecutive games. And I don't consider myself a good player, compared to the people I see in Zaphod's video's.

Tech list and build order upon request (let's let people decide for themselves if they want to know before they accept the challenge)
    I do however need to mention I used the PAMM mod with the additional commander loadouts.
    Last edited: June 3, 2014
  2. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

Enemy AI is braindead currently.

Best build is 3-4 allied commanders, and vehicles with some eco boosts. Dont bother with any real defense maybe 1-2 AA towers if enemy has airplanes. Make vehicle factory then like 10-12 flamethrower tanks and send to snipe enemy commander. By that moment your side commanders will harass enemy, kill all his units and expose commander for finishing blow.
  3. jeez

jeez Member

And how quick was that?
  4. tohron

tohron Active Member

If you play a BACON commander with the modded speed hotfix, air factories producing scouts, and (for optimal strength) the commander combat upgrade for added DPS, you can just find the enemy base with your scouts, then rush in with your comm and focus them down (mostly ignoring other units). If the comm is nearby, you can get a kill in well under 2 minutes.

EDIT: Here's one in just under 1:30 - didn't have scouts in that one:
    [​IMG]
    Last edited: June 2, 2014
    Remy561 likes this.
  5. jeez

jeez Member

I'd like to see people actually doing it, not just discussing what might theoretically work. Do the best with the cards you are dealt :)
  6. nawrot

nawrot Active Member

I do not remember how quick, but it was just few minutes. I finished that war, so don't have access to that commander anymore. It was as long as building 4-5 mexes, 4 energy plants, factory, 2 fabbers, and then flamethrowers (all speeded up by commnader helping factory after first 2 mexes and 2 plants). Usually ally AI sent 1 group by then, scouted enemy base and found commander. But because i had up to 4 allies, enemy was already swarmed.

In current war i have air factories and this takes much more time.
  7. jeez

jeez Member

I got down to 2:16, but I see that Tohron has blown that out of the water.
    New record added to starting post