Galactic War: Something to do with excess techs

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by umbralreaver, May 24, 2014.

1. umbralreaver

umbralreaver New Member

My game crashes so much that I can barely play, but this topic isn't about that!

It's about the frustration in finding techs over and over with no free tech slots to put them in, then finding heaps of tech slots but all the techs have already been deleted. Or, finding advanced techs, having no use for them and deleting them, then later finding the basic techs and not having another chance at advanced.

This may only happen in some galactic wars, but why should it happen at all?

I would prefer the following:

When you discover a tech and you don't have room for it, you can leave it on the planet. Later, when you have slots, you can come back and pick it up again if you want.
  2. Imsvale

Imsvale Active Member

This, please. Otherwise I believe the whole mechanic of locating techs would feel like more of a nuisance than anything else.

It requires you to push through and retrieve more tech slots, after which it would be nice and rewarding being able to go back and fetch those juicy techs.

Alternatively, simply have a repository for techs, while only being able to "equip" as many as you have slots for.
  3. squawkers13

squawkers13 Member

I think this is intended.
  4. tatsujb

tatsujb Post Master General

it's randomized. when I shuffles my playing cards too much I sometimes end up with all my families almost entirely grouped up.

don't you want to make this topic about your crashes though?

...I'm sure we can help.

You should really upload your dxdiag.txt to your next reply in case we do have a solution to your problem.

start by removing all mods and downloading and installing the lastest driver for your graphics card
  5. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

IMO:
    You should have 3 storage slots as well where tech won't be applied but can be swapped out with tech that you're using whenever you want other than of course when you're not in game. Obviously upgrades for this should be less common than tech slot upgrades.
  6. overwatch141

overwatch141 Active Member

I think it's great the way it is, but should be a little harder. You should have to stick to a certain playstile and make it as good as possible.
    Kinda like Path of Exile where you pick what you want to use and adapt your passive skills to it.
  7. Marnit

Marnit Member

Changes i would like:

1. No generation of advanced tech before basic is unlocked, and no basic after you have advanced.
    2. All techs are collected into a list of techs.
    3. Before a battle you can select the techs you want to use in your slots.