Galactic war - patience

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by epic4242, May 28, 2014.

1. epic4242

epic4242 Member

Hi guys I just wanted to add that a lot of you are worrying about the fact that when you get cards in galactic war you may be missing some core features. For example not having naval or air is annoying when your opponent is in the water. BUT... It's also true that if features keeping rolling out at the amazing pace that uber impressively sets, then there will be MORE units MORE tiers and just generally MORE strategies to the game.

So chill...

(Not trying to criticize... Love this community...)
  2. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Well, there won't be more tiers, but yeah.
    brianpurkiss and igncom1 like this.
  3. epic4242

epic4242 Member

Oh really? That kinda sucks...
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

We don't even really need 2 tiers.....hell they shouldn't be tiers at all, death to tiers.
    muhatib and stuart98 like this.
  5. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Stop the crying.... wait.... oh.... basic units and advance as well.... guess you got tears.:p
    (a joking)
  6. igncom1

YOU WHAT?
  7. stuart98

stuart98 Post Master General

Just this.

Go play Zero-K, there will be cake excellent gameplay.
  8. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

How would that work as the game currently is?
    You're saying that T1 units should be able to build nukes and such?
  9. igncom1

The UI is both one of the best and worst I have ever seen however....and there are little things that I don't like about it.
  10. igncom1

Yep, because nukes and 'such' shouldn't be massively disproportionate to T1 units anyway.
  11. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Lol, well two tiers can contain all it needs. More tiers just runs the risk of having 3 of the same unit in 3 different strengths. It makes sense to have 2 units, one that costs little and has more power per cost, and one that has more power in one unit but costs too much so is only good in density. It however, doesn't make sense to have 3.

Anyway, you are mostly right, Galactic War is it's first pass. The next few passes will more assuredly add necesary things to GW, and adjust the things that don't work like giving you access to all the layers so you don't end in stalemate.
  12. xommeria

xommeria New Member

I feel so disappointed with Galactic War. While I've had a lot of fun with the PA Alpha & Beta, the lack of MP in Galactic War which was promised (and likely will be delivered on...I hope...), well; so underwhelmed.
  13. lokiCML

igncom1 likes this.
  14. igncom1

You got you MP before I got my SP galactic war.

It's justice.
  15. lokiCML

What tier 1 units it would be flat.;) No tears.
  16. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

In zero-k, t1 can build nukes, but if you try to build one it costs 200x more than a smaller missile would. Obviously, if you establish smaller eco, then smaller arms, then hit someone else's eco, they are screwed if they were dumb enough to build nuke first. So the limit is the cost. By time you establish widespread small units and more economy, then you can try for a nuke if your enemy has enough widespread units and eco to put up a fight.

However, zero-k isn't played by the masses for a reason. It really caters to people who refine it, and randoms don't have as much fun. I think this game at least gives randoms some sort of fun to be had. Besides, two tiers works. One can complain it doesn't, but it does to many degrees. It doesn't balance the things in-game 1:1, but it does diversify playstyle.
    This. Multiplayer was the first playable thing. It had an AI that spawned with 3 turrets each side and some air units above. That was not real singleplayer. Then, singleplayer got an AI that is good yet very limited and has some dumb moments. Multiplayer got more things than singleplayer. It makes sense to release GW singleplayer, WHICH US VANGUARDS ANNOUNCED A MONTH AGO, before they release GW multiplayer. BTW, both will be made. I don't see why the freakout, both WILL be made. Sheesh.
    corteks likes this.
  17. igncom1

I agree with you mostly, but don't disagree with anything enough to really argue about it.

;)
  18. LeadfootSlim

LeadfootSlim Well-Known Member

I've actually been loving the limitations in my runs; however, that may be because I've been lucking out and getting adv. Orbital units on time to face the multi-planet "boss" fights. Which are fantastic.
  19. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

No. It doesn't suck. It's a good thing.

The idea is that all units are valid at all stages of the game.

Adding more tiers of units means that the basic level is invalidated.

That is bad.
  20. tehtrekd

tehtrekd Post Master General

As it currently is, the second stage of tech is kind of invalidated.
    T2 units just can't stop T1 death-balls.
    Which isn't bad, I just miss using shellers :(