[galactic war] on sub commander AI

Discussion in 'Support!' started by toric55, July 14, 2014.

1. toric55

toric55 Member

on the boss battles in galactic war, (multi planet spawns) the ai seems to have a problem with identifying which planets need forces on. the picture shown below in on a totally safe planet, where i had avengers waiting to counter anything that arrives in orbit. however, my sub commander arrived and built a teleporter on the planet, and started pouring assault units into it, where he could have gone and done the same to another planet that actually had enemies on it. anyway, this got worse and worse, to the point where half of the planet was covered in these guys, and by then the game had gotten so laggy i just quit.
    anyway, you guys know of anyway i can fix this, if not, let me just propose and easy way to fix this problem for the next patch. could we just have an option, like if we click on the commander, to take manual control over that commander and his side? the ai in this game is pretty good, but it does not seem to team well with humans. screenshot 2014-07-13 at 7.01.48 PM.png
  2. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Obviously the easy fix is for the AI to know better.

However, it does incorrectly assess threat planets. You are lucky it didn't smash your planet with a KEW.

Easiest way to prevent this, is just to cover your planet in spaced out walls to prevent enough build room for a teleporter. Difficult, but possible.
  3. SikkeSakke

SikkeSakke Member

I got one weird game. I got 4 subcoms in two planet system. All of us were spawning on same planet. I got worse position I've ever seen - nothing but two mexes nearby and surrounded with AI's. I couldn't get to fights so I started to build orbital to get to the moon. AI cleared planet but one enemy escaped to the moon. All my ally AI's started to celebrate their victory and just shouted to me:"We did our job, it's your job to go to that moon and kill last enemy".

It took a while to first set there anchors to cover my radar and then build five SXX to finish off that last enemy. Meanwhile AI just covered whole mainplanet and you can imagine how much stuff they put there :). At the end game was really slow but it ended happily.
  4. thetrophysystem

thetrophysystem Post Master General

Couldn't find the thread. However, yes, someone in a multiplayer skirmish had an AI seperate army teammate, who smashed his planet because of incorrect threat assessment. However, he DID win the game afterwards ;)
    Last edited: July 16, 2014
  5. exterminans

exterminans Post Master General

6. toric55

toric55 Member

but it seems to be perfectly happy to export them to another planet! i just deleted my sub commander in the end.
  7. toric55

toric55 Member

whelp, the enemy AI just smashed itself because i had one unit on a planet. destroyed 2 of the commanders in the process. (one more to go.) is there any war to save replays of GW?