Galactic war: co op or general improvements?

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by drz1, December 31, 2014.

1. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

So, a co op mode in galactic war, and/or a more fleshed out experience would pretty much round off PA For me now. Any news on this feature getting some love after the new year?
    xankar and igncom1 like this.
  2. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

I think that's a good idea. both players could travel to different systems, or they could choose to go to the same system and fight.
  3. lokiCML

lokiCML Post Master General

Waiting since the kickstarter for that and another features.

- https://www.kickstarter.com/project...nihilation-a-next-generation-rts/posts/303555
    Last edited: December 31, 2014
    tunsel11 and xankar like this.
  4. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

What I wouldn't do for more in game story inclusion, more story development, and the acceptance that the Synchronous are the greatest faction of all time.
    isaiahjade and squishypon3 like this.
  5. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

I love the synchronous, but I just... Do not like their emblem for some reason.
  6. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

It's a little bizarre, I must admit.

Personally id prefer something like:
    xankar likes this.
  7. g0hstreaper

g0hstreaper Well-Known Member

pls, can we have a good single player first ( I would like to see co-op) I know co op would be cool but there are some ...things that I would like to see improved in GW before they try to go for the more flashy things.
  8. isaiahjade

isaiahjade New Member

I agree with the above comments for a coop in galactic war. Also the stakes are way to high in galactic war. When I first got the game I spent about 20+ hours in a galactic war game and got annihilated. Do I have the option for a retry. Not anywhere. There aren't even mods or hacks for it. I get the intent but you aught to be able to turn on/off retries when you start galactic war. Otherwise you spend hours upon hours just wasting time...I've only played this mod a few times because of that. i don't want to sink 10's of hours in a game and then get screwed because I didn't pick the right planet to attack with my tech.

If they insist on keeping it the way it is. You aught to be able to retreat from planets or have some kind of indicator ("inteligence tech") to identify what technology is on a particular planet to see if its worth it. Can't tell you how many times I've spent an hour destroying a system and commander just to find a duplicate tech...waste of time.
  9. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

Actually, you can mod the commanders to be impervious if you find out which files you need to update. I did that once with the Invictus commander. As for the retries, if you know you are about to lose you can pause the game, go to "%AppData%\Local\Uber Entertainment\Planetary Annihilation\localstore\IndexedDB" and copy the folder inside somewhere else (it will tell you that it can't copy the file "LOCK", thats ok). Then abandon the war, go to the main menu and restore the folder you copied away (that means, remove the old one first or you'll have duplicates). The bad part is that you have to fight the commander anyway (unless you made the backup before entering that system).
  10. drz1

drz1 Post Master General

I think one feature that would make galactic war more engaging would be the enemy commanders taking over systems too when you are exploring. Take too long to Hoover up techs? The the enemy will gain ground. This would make it more dynamic and interesting than just methodically conquering each empty space as you go.
    That, and balancing of the tech bonuses to make it less dictated by randomness.
    I would actually prefer these changes before any attempt to do co op.
    And yes, clan wars would be amazing.
  11. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

If the AI was to expand you would always have to defend your systems. Are you willing to do that (because I certainly wouldn't)? Even worse, the AI would have to manage it's tech pool to (why would it conquer your systems otherwise?). I would like that, because it always annoys me when I didn't get good tech in the few empty systems at the start and the AI already has orbital fabrocators.
  12. emraldis

emraldis Post Master General

Behind the revenants of course.
  13. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

I couldn't help but notice that you misspelled both "Invictus" and "Legonis Machina".
    Because obviously the Invictus commander is the best because it looks like the Delta AND has a faction.
  14. emraldis

honestly, Osiris is a lot cooler than Invictus... and he has a faction as well.
  15. bengeocth

bengeocth Post Master General

Why don't Osiris and Invictus stfu and go make out for a while and we can get the Metrarch on the way?

Also, my profile pic would make a badass com
    igncom1 likes this.
  16. kosmosprime

kosmosprime Member

Let's also mention the nemicus commander so nobody gets upset :p
  17. emraldis

Fair enough, we should probably stop derailing the thread too. :p

Especially since Osiris is the best anyway, along with the revenants faction.
  18. squishypon3

Good old Alpha commander is where it's at. ;)
  19. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

I personally just want Uber to model their galactic war after the style of the dawn of war dark crusade campaign.
  20. squishypon3

I'd enjoy Star Wars Battlefront 2's Galactic Conquest- or perhaps Star Wars: Empire At War's Galactic Conquest. (They're very different I assure you. :p )
    emraldis likes this.