Galactic War bug- all single planet systems

Discussion in 'Support!' started by galoriandh, August 22, 2015.

1. galoriandh

galoriandh New Member

Been a while since the last time I played, got the new Titans content thanks to being a backer so I thought I'd give it another go.

Started a SP galactic war campaign (normal difficulty, Uber scale) and began playing. Imagine my surprise when the first three battles I fought were all not only in single planet systems, but on the same goddamn planet!

It's not a very big one either...

After beating the same planet three times (with the AI always doing the exact same thing at the exact same spawn point) I started skimming over the galactic map and lo and behold every single system I could see had but a single planet to its name.

I tried starting a new game (which sucked since I got some great techs on that first one) and had the exact same issue all over again- single planet systems as far as the eye can see...

Tried to restart the game entirely and started a third galactic war but to no avail. For my fourth attempt I tried changing the difficulty to hard but got saddled with yet another galaxy populated solely by single planet systems.

[​IMG]

So... What gives?

I'm running a legit 64-bit Windows 7 on a Core i7 PC with 8 GB of RAM and an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 GPU in case you were wondering, though this bug doesn't really sound like something that's hardware related...
  2. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

I just finished a Galactic War, and ya it seems that most systems are single-planet. Outside of faction leader battles (which are always multi-planet) I had probably 60-70% single planet systems, maybe 10-20% single planet + moon, 10-20% 2-planet systems. Not sure I've ever seen an entirely single-planet one. I think the planet you fight on is random from a pool, so I guess you just got unlucky with the same one showing up three times in a row. I don't think I had the same planet layout more than maybe twice in a row.
  3. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

In my GW i saw mostly 2-planet systems, however i saw same systems many-many times.
  4. galoriandh

galoriandh New Member

I skimmed over a hundred systems in various GW campaigns and every single one was a single planet system.

WTF??

When did they change the game to make it that boring!?

A year ago it definitely wasn't this way...

I don't care if it's a bug or just a terrible design decision, for me this is game breaking on a "uninstall the game and simply forget about it until the issue gets fixed" level.
  5. Abaddon1

Abaddon1 Active Member

Just started and played through most of a new galactic war (on small size for sake of time). It does look like all of the systems I could see at the very beginning were 1-planet. But 2-planet systems started becoming more common the further in I got.

Planet totals: 10 single planet, 4 two planet, 1 three planet, 3 four planet.
  6. Swatti

Swatti Member

This needs an OPTION to have EACH commander start in their OWN planet and generate the solar-system accordingly.
    Kinda sucks to start a map with just one "death-star" in it and have everyone duke it out in there.

Devs, hello, us single-players are paying customers too.
    galoriandh likes this.
  7. galoriandh

galoriandh New Member

As it stands by the time I've trivially crushed the fifth single planet system in a row I get so bored I just quit the game.

I don't know who thought changing the GW system spawning logic this way was a good idea, but he/she/they basically ruined the game mode to the point where it's really not worth bothering with, which to me makes the game not worth playing since I'm single-player gamer.

I guess I'll shelve the game for another year or so and hope this gets fixed by the time I try it again.

A damn shame, this game used to be so fun...
  8. glexn

glexn New Member

I'm finding the same thing. On Uber difficulty, I set three or four vehicle factories a-moving toward the AI's base, and read things in the Steam browser to kill time. I don't mind about the single planet systems, but the fact that there's (as far as I've seen) only one planet for each climate type now is a little disheartening. The maps weren't exciting before, but they weren't identical.

The meh of Galactic War compelled me to try my first multiplayer match, and it was just titan spamming. Yawn.

Although, the hubbub about the asteroid planet destroying thingy makes it sound like they added a zerg rush. I stopped playing StarCraft 2 because you can win with AutoHotKey. Sadface if PA goes the same way.
    galoriandh likes this.
  9. Mirolog

Mirolog Well-Known Member

As far as i remember, single planet systems is old bug from PA, is it possible to fix it manually?
  10. igncom1

igncom1 Post Master General

I believe this was due to problems with people not always having access to Orbital tech.

But as it stands, the further you get away from your start the bigger and more challenging the systems become.

So on the harder difficulty, the game really ramps up towards the end, with many opposing commanders and lager systems.
  11. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, it is. Open the file "<PA Install Dir>/media/ui/main/game/galactic_war/shared/js/systems/titans-normal.js" and you'll see the random generation of systems in there. For example, the first system looks like this:
    Code:
      Planets: [
        {
          fromRandomList: examplePlanetList,
          mass: 50000,
          position: [-25000, 0],
          velocity: [0, 142]
        }
      ]

So if you want more planets, add more to the list so that it becomes:
    Code:
      Planets: [
        {
        },
        {
        }
      ]

(Note the extra comma there to separate the planet entries!!)
    You can also play with the other parameters if you want.
    Also, this file is for a PA: Titans galactic war on Normal of higher difficulty. There is also titans-easy.js and pa-normal.js and pa-easy.js that work the same.
    galoriandh likes this.
  12. galoriandh

galoriandh New Member

I simply removed the [0,2] commanders option entirely and changed the second category to [0,40], worked like a charm.

Thanks! ^_^
  13. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Yeah, that works too. :)
    galoriandh likes this.