Galactic War AI and the Low Resource Systems

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by eratosthenes, January 27, 2015.

1. eratosthenes

eratosthenes Active Member

Now, I love the idea of a low resource system with only a few metal nodes per planet. However, the AI just can't handle it. There have been quite a few improvements to the AI, especially the issue wherein the AI just stood there because their income wasn't high enough for them to spend it (or something like that). Only occasionally does the AI make a decent effort on these systems, and now it seems like they want to just comm rush the metal spots (which usually just gets them killed).

I think the low resource maps should be removed from GW until the AI can actually play on them consistently.
    ace63 likes this.
  2. wondible

wondible Post Master General

What difficulty are you playing on? Lower levels are implemented by giving the AI less resources, and making it think it needs more before doing stuff - it probably doesn't think it has enough metal to support a factory yet.

It would still be nice if could adapt, but I fear Sorian has a long list of things that will affect many more games to attend to first.