Furballman's Map Pack: Coming soon!

Discussion in 'Mapping and stuff' started by Furballman, November 14, 2015.

1. Furballman

Furballman Member

My map pack will mainly consist of maps for team games (since I suck at everything else :p ). The majority of the maps will have a resource area inaccessible by ground units and will therefore hopefully encourage things such as pelican drops (I'm a fan of those). Most maps will have a fair amount of metal but not so much that you can completely disregard eco-management.

My main aim of this map pack is to spice up the way people play and to obviously just have fun :D

Pictures of the systems will be up shortly
  2. Furballman

Furballman Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    (Preferred 2v2 map)

This is the "Moonbase System". Its design and play style was inspired by the map "Prof X", however this map is a lot more close quarters. It has a resource area at the back which is extremely open and it can be hard to lock down the mexes. This map does not allow for endless faffing about since there isn't a lot of build space, so you will need to have a strategy and commit to it, otherwise your opponent(s) will have the upper hand before you know it.
    I hope you guys enjoy it! :D
    stuart98 and Alpha2546 like this.
  3. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Good to see another map maker! Is this map pack on pamm? Also your pictures are broken :p .
    stuart98 and Furballman like this.
  4. Furballman

Furballman Member

I'm still in the process of actually getting enough maps up, since I started about 3 days ago but yeah hopefully it will be on PAMM sooner rather than later! (and yeah I'll have to sort out the pictures :p )
    stuart98 and Alpha2546 like this.
  5. Furballman

Furballman Member

Picture of the system "Moonbase System"
    Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 11.21.21.png
  6. Furballman

Furballman Member

And here's a picture of the system "Dune Wars"
    Screen Shot 2015-11-15 at 19.31.12.png
    More to come soon! :p
  7. Furballman

Furballman Member

Fairly certain I will be able to get this map pack up this weekend! I also finished another map today! Its got a gas giant (cuz why not :D ) and I will need to fix the spawns as I just played a disastrous comm box Screen Shot 2015-11-19 at 20.41.17.png
    stuart98, Alpha2546, cdrkf and 2 others like this.
  8. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

Amazing man :) looking forward to this a lot!! We can never have enough map makers. You realy inspire me to take it up again aswell and make some new maps for my own pack ^^ Continue with the good stuff. (looks like you have some sweet maps allready)
    Furballman likes this.
  9. Furballman

Furballman Member

I really enjoyed your map pack! Had some really awesome stuff which made me want to play around with CSGs a lot more so thanks for that! :)
    andreasgg likes this.
  10. proeleert

proeleert Post Master General

So is it out yet? Always looking for some more interesting maps for the clopsey 2V2 mappack for the next clopsey....
  11. Furballman

Furballman Member

Not quite yet, but I'll hopefully get time over the weekend to sort things out :)
  12. Furballman

Furballman Member

Yet another map! This one's called "Team Commbox" and will hopefully have an element of commboxing about it, but as always, its perfectly fine to play it as a 1v1 :)
    Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 21.09.33.png Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 21.09.44.png
    Hope you enjoy it!!
    stuart98 and tunsel11 like this.
  13. Furballman

Furballman Member

The map "The Cage" has one spawn for each team/player and they are separated by lava. Scarce metal in the spawns means that you will have to try and grab the resource areas behind and in front of the bases. Some further work may be required sort out mex and such but in the mean time, I hope you have fun with it :D Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 20.51.03.png Screen Shot 2015-11-21 at 20.51.22.png
    stuart98, tunsel11 and proeleert like this.
  14. Furballman

Furballman Member

Sorry about the break but I am back into making the maps! Here are the two latest maps I've been working on:

Forte 1v1: This map will make for some interesting strategies. Here the opponent can attack from any side so be sure to have every side covered! Proxies will also be a deciding factor in who comes out on top.....
    Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 10.59.39.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 11.00.14.png

Senza Sytem: This system has been optimised for 1v1s to 3v3s. It has all different types of play, you cannot afford to neglect any type of play. The metal is fairly spread out so defending your expansions will be tricky...

Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 11.03.29.png
    Screen Shot 2016-02-15 at 11.03.42.png
  15. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

Ooooh looks good. When is release?
    Furballman likes this.
  16. andreasgg

andreasgg Well-Known Member

Cant wait to play one the last one!! Looking amazing (both of them)
    Just ask if you need help with anything :) I am sure @Alpha2546 gladly helps aswell
    Furballman and Alpha2546 like this.
  17. Furballman

Furballman Member

Hopefully sometime this week, I'm on holiday so I will have a lot of time on my hands :)
    Thanks a lot man! :D
  18. psdpro

psdpro Member

Looking good Furballman! Can't wait to try these out!
    Furballman likes this.