Fullscreen not working in Windows 10

Discussion in 'Support!' started by silentbob470, August 25, 2015.

1. silentbob470

silentbob470 New Member

Hello,

it seems that in a certain setup the fullscreen mode isn't working. I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 a few days ago. Yesterday I updated Planetary Annihilation (with Titans) to the latest Build (86422). This is the first time I played since switching to Windows 10. When the game is started, the screen remains black. Only the cursor is visible. On hitting Ctrl+Alt+Tab and selecting the game again, the screen is updated. The GUI however is still not responding to anything clicked. By repeating the Ctrl+Alt+Tab trick I managed to switch to Window mode. Then everything works normal.
    To verify wether it's an Windows 10 problem I installed PA on my Laptop. There everything worked ok even in Fullscreen. So I uninstalled PA on the Desktop-PC where I had the problem and reinstalled it from Scratch. Fullscreen is still not working.

My setup:
    Windows 10 (updated)
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 (Driver Version 353.62)

Please tell me what to do or let me know when you need further information.
  2. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

A quick one to try, the shortcut for fullscreen is 'ALT + Enter' together. Next time you try PA try that shortcut and see if it makes any difference?

Also might be worth using driver remover to get rid of your graphics drivers and reinstall (if windows installed them during the upgrade?). There may have been an issue related to the upgrade process so worth a try.
  3. lerun

lerun Member

Works for me, but the GUI crashed on me after a couple of mins. Had to add --software-ui when launching the game.
    I'm using Steam, and set launch options on the game.
  4. silentbob470

silentbob470 New Member

I tried to reinstall the GeForce driver. (clean install) Unfortunately this didn't work. As far as I can see the game works normally but the screen isn't refreshed in fullscreen mode.

Thanks so far...