Full Lobby Notification

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by Shadowpig24, March 18, 2014.

?

Do you want a full lobby notification?

1. Yes what a brilliant idea

70.0%
  2. Ye why not

30.0%
  3. Na

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No you fool go back to being pelted

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Shadowpig24

Shadowpig24 New Member

"Exactly what it says on the tin"

I have found that a lot of time is spent not only on PA but every game which requires the host to start the game to there be a full lobby of people wanting to play a game but cant because the host is AFK or alt tabbed on another window. So as you suspect people start leaving, as you would do instead of sitting around for five minutes where you could be smashing an asteroid into the planet Bob to wipe that grin of your mates face for pelta creeping your base. (this happens on a regular bases :()

Anyway what I suggest is simply having a notification system in place so when a game is full a sound is played, such as a commanders nuclear reactor starting up. and the games window start flashing like those old MSN chat windows, but no where near so repetitively annoying.

So thank you for reading and fell free to leave a comment about any other notification systems you would like to see in place or on how my idea may need some tweaking.
    cdrkf likes this.
  2. Shadowpig24

Shadowpig24 New Member

P.S
    sorry if there is already a thread out their blame my research skills.
  3. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

A good idea imo, I'm also wanting them to add in the "ring" function so you can give the host a bit of a wake up call as I've had rather allot of failed games due to the host setting it up and them leaving for some reason.
    Shadowpig24 likes this.
  4. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

I think there should be a variety of sound notifications in the lobby.

Possible inclusions:
    • Full lobby sound
    • Player joined sound
    • Player left sound
    • Subtle ping sound for chat
    • Probably even a sound when everyone's ready
    Naturally, all of these would be customizable by the individual player.
    Shadowpig24 likes this.