Freezing Only In Crossfire

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Feedback and Issues' started by BorisKarloff, January 28, 2011.

1. BorisKarloff

BorisKarloff New Member

Hey there, I'm getting a weirdly specific issue playing MNC.

Essentially, the game is suffering really bad freezing when I try to play Crossfire games. Blitz is perfectly fine, admittedly I have to fake a LAN through Tunngle to play with friends, but I'm fairly definite that's just a generic problem with games that use the Steam netcode, since the general difficulties I have are very similar to Killing Floor, TF2 etc. That's to do with my router by all accounts, and is something I'm looking into.

So, last night I played infinite Blitz with a friend and got to wave 203 - ran perfectly fine the whole time (over an hour) at the highest settings, not so much as a single hiccup. But whenever I jump into a Crossfire game, after a couple of minutes my game will start freezing up. For 3-4 seconds absolutely nothing will happen, then it'll be fine for a while. Repeat until the game pretty much completely locks up - I'll get maybe 1 new frame every five seconds, and have to CTRL-ALT-DEL out. Even that takes upwards of 30 seconds to take effect, but I can always eventually end the process.

Any idea what could be causing this? It doesn't seem quite the same as other freezing bugs people are reporting, since I played the whole tutorial fine and Blitz is perfect. I'm running an nVidia card, so it's not the ATi problem. I've uninstalled and reinstalled and verified the integrity of the games files. I don't get this problem with any other game, so even though my PC isn't a super rig, I don't see how it could be a problem with RAM or cooling. Any help would be appreciated.
  2. p3taSan

p3taSan New Member

There seems to be more and more issues like this. Can we get some answer about this from the officials?