Freeze Traps!

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat PC Wishlist' started by Kappy, December 29, 2010.

1. Kappy

Kappy New Member

Come on now, whats with the change on the snipers freeze traps???? Now that you shortened it to where it has no use at lvl 3, other than the fact of placing down another freeze trap at the same time as the other 2, but the skill drain is stupid because it only drains for the shortest time giving them their skills bak in the next second. There is also no time to turn to the side and react with a well aimed headshot anymore. They just get out way to fast to do so. Make it alittle longer come on...
  2. Providence

Providence New Member

Yeah, the nerf was pretty huge, from 5 secs to 1-2 secs. I think 3 secs would be perfect. Maybe default is 2 secs and add .5 for each level.
  3. Kappy

Kappy New Member

I agree completely. 2 secs and a total of 3 secs at lvl 3 with the additional stuff you get already. Great Idea I think, atleast to make it more balanced.
  4. Fuffles

Fuffles New Member

I'm not sure I agree, if you don't know someone is coming at you from a specific direction you should not get the ability to snap around and headshot them. Imo the fact that it alerts you to their presence is good enough, especially considering they have to sneak into your base, past your turrets (most of the time) and find where you are. If you have such low situational awareness and yet you still get a free kill from the freeze trap its... meh.
  5. Kappy

Kappy New Member

The other person should've been aware of HIS surroundings then because if he was he would of jumped, floated, or went around that trap on the ground. Also, the snipers ability was ment to give him a camping technique so to speak. Just like every other class has his own little technique.
  6. Hako

Hako New Member

The only time I ever get stuck in a freeze trap seems to be when I'm near the sniper and I'm usually in range of killing him. I find the freeze trap to be a joke, to be honest, especially now.

It's good to use with team work as me and my friend proved but other than that I don't find it too useful. :p
  7. JaneWayne

JaneWayne New Member

I don't upgrade or use my traps as much anymore. I normally now just toss one out for habit but end up not relying on it as much. Now I only upgraded if the ball is down and I want a trap on either side around it for protection, otherwise I relying on base camping or quick scoping, flak and SMG for close the close range battles. Oh and the occassional round of golf never gets old.

Though Ice Camping on Spunky at the enemy team base not only seems cheap, but easy to do :p
  8. Shurryy

Shurryy New Member

Freeze Traps... I just throw em out and use em as an alarm sensor. I mostly put them on the landing spots of jump pads so that I know if somebody took a jump pad path and are trying to get the jump on me or my team. I never really upgrade it though, as it's only use by now is an alarm that says "FREEZE!!!" and they freeze for 2 seconds, you turn around and probably get in one shot enough for them to flee depending if it's an assault tank gunner or assassin but if you don't you're in a duel.
  9. Kappy

Kappy New Member

You guys haven't played my sniper :twisted:
    My play style needs the traps and if the xbox version gets this nerf as well, I probably will stick to nothing but the assault again for my team.
  10. spirit

spirit New Member

Sounds like you need to adjust your play style rather than expecting the game to adjust to you.
  11. Kappy

Kappy New Member

My play style wouldn't have to adjust if you whiny girls would stop complaining to the devs about every little thing you think is so called Imba. The game is fine the way it is and the only thing needing fixed in this game is minor glitches now. Stop trying to nerf a class to nothing but a sniper rifle, soon people will cry about how the flak has to big of a radius at lvl 3 or it does to much dmg.
  12. spirit

spirit New Member

/me looks at original post...
    :lol:
  13. Kappy

Kappy New Member

sorry, *it was fine the way it was.
  14. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Ah yes, I recall the days just prior to the patch when the forum was ABLAZE with rage threads and outcries about how ice traps RUINED the game! It was completely unnecessary and allowed the sniper to virtually violate every single other class that approached his half the arena!

Oh wait no, GA forums raged long and hard crying imba at consumables being introduced into PvP and they still wound up getting them. Not only is crying to devs NOT = balance patch, but in comparison, what ******* ice trap bitching? Not a single thread did I 'ere see about traps being a problem asides from ONE, and even then that was simply asking for how to counter it.
  15. epyx

epyx New Member

so make it where your able to shoot them and they go off, and if your stupid enough to shoot it while your close well then you deserve it.
  16. Kappy

Kappy New Member

Watch out guys, I trolled on MikeyTwolf's thread about his idea on gunner + support healing the gunner combo being OP, making everyone agree with me on how stupid he is and hes crying about an easy comp to get rid of. SO! now hes returning the favor. I thank you :D so keep lurking my threads and get at it troll.

EDIT: Btw, when i said the whiny girl part, it wasn't just for people whining about the traps, its all minor stupid problems people think are annoying and idk why honestly. Might wanna read that again Mikey.
    Last edited: January 2, 2011
  17. Kappy

Kappy New Member

You can shoot them on the ground and easily hover or go around them easily. Thats why I dont get why it was nerfed. I used my traps to freeze assassins and other bot pushers in the middle of lanes, occasionally throwing random ones out any where for people to get stuck in but mostly to CC the bot pushers. Now its hard enough that the assassin can do their kicks in the traps so i can't headshot them but now i cant even 3 body shot them when the good assassins are rolling armor against me. Now they get out right away and im in a duel of grapples or they disappear to the other side very fast to destroy the bots their because they know im on that side now.
  18. epyx

epyx New Member

just get rid of the goddamn assaults chargrapple
  19. hickwarrior

hickwarrior New Member

I didin't know I could shoot the traps to disable them. Nice to know that.

Right, so back on-topic...
  20. MikeyTWolf

MikeyTWolf New Member

Actually quite a lot of the time they can't be shot. If they could be, perhaps the assault's bomb could too, but unfortunately the only two things that do seem to destroy traps and such is either an airstrike or a flak grenade. So that limits your options quite a bit.

Even tried with gunner's mortar, all I did was narrowly miss the sniper, traps stayed intact.

Now that I think about it, stubbon stains are the only thing almost as equally hard to get rid of. May as well taunt at it to hurt it's feelings or intimidate it into exploding prematurely. :/