Forum is dead.. is PA Dead too??

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by codythomas14, November 25, 2015.

?

is PA Dead?

1. YES!

19 vote(s)
    23.5%
  2. Probably

13 vote(s)
    16.0%
  3. Not sure

16 vote(s)
    19.8%
  4. NO!

33 vote(s)
    40.7%
  1. codythomas14

codythomas14 New Member

I Love PA, I think it's great, but the lack of anything going on in the forum world is telling me that something is wrong.

So the question is obvious. the forum is dead, so is it fair for one to assume that PA is dead?
    (By the way, the lack of views or a response will answer the question just as good as the poll).
  2. killerkiwijuice

killerkiwijuice Post Master General

3. MrTBSC

MrTBSC Post Master General

neither game nor forum is dead
    just that things became silent as there hasnĀ“t been much going on with uber talking much to us or any updates beeing anounced

there merely was talk on bugfixes and serverwork ...
  4. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

PA isn't dead so long as there are players, and player numbers are stable enough....
    Nicb1 and MrTBSC like this.
  5. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

If PA was dead there wouldn't be a massive faction mod in development and I would not be able to get a 3v3v3 going easily (I was actually surprised as to how that game filled up). Just not much to talk about on the forums atm since there are no massive changes coming to the game as far as we are aware to discuss.

So Uber development wise, probably.
    Community wise no, not yet.
  6. avatar100400

If PA was dead then i wouldn't be able to find a Game at anytime of day or night.
    Literally i can find a game at 4am 9am 3pm 6pm 11pm any freaking time of day.
    The game is no where near dead but it does have a smaller community than it did at points
    due some people leaving or getting bored which is fair enough.

Anyway Good 1 post troll bait aye.
    ArchieBuld and Nicb1 like this.
  7. V4NT0M

V4NT0M Well-Known Member

Man who never posts on forums asks if forums are dead... Hmmmm
  8. cwarner7264

cwarner7264 Moderator Alumni

I'd not go as far as to say that the forum is dead.

Now that the game is ostensibly complete, it changes the tone of the conversation somewhat. I remember (back in the good 'ole days) the discussions we used to have on here when the game was in its infancy, back before the Alpha was released. Ideas were being thrown around like buns in a food fight, stuff got really heated, people were actively trying the shape the future of the game, speculating wildly on things that Uber might be working on and jittering hysterically every time Uber treated us to one of their livestreams. It was exciting, enthralling and it sucked in a whole bunch of top minds.

Now, we're all sat out on our porches, shotguns in laps. Get off my planet.
  9. codythomas14

codythomas14 New Member

I'm more of the reader type. I don't post.. ever(usually)
    cdrkf likes this.
  10. squishypon3

squishypon3 Post Master General

Remember the threads with posts flying every minute, where you'd say something and three others would say the same thing and you'd post at the same time all ganging on some poor guy you all disagree with.

Then it'd turn around because another thing was brought up?

Oh, the memories!
    MrTBSC, cdrkf and tunsel11 like this.
  11. maxpowerz

maxpowerz Post Master General

Did you even look through the forum before posting this?
    It should be obvious from the most recent threads in this forum that it's quite active still.

Also keep in mind there is more than just a PA fan base here on the forum.
    Nicb1 and cdrkf like this.
  12. Nicb1

Nicb1 Post Master General

In general I'm sick of threads and comments like this so here we go, i'm going to piss someone off.

"Durrrr PA forum is dieded"
    Oh look at that isn't it funny that we have so many people wondering around contributing to various threads, Hmm PA forums must be dead.

"Duurrrrr PA is dead"
    And yet here I am able to get a PA match and a fairly decent sized one at that any time of the day.

"Durrr PA community dieded long time ago and Uber screwed up"
    Ooh look at that new mod being worked on, lots of interaction going on between developers, Massive mods being worked on such as GA and the PA Legion Faction mod (Those being the largest around atm).
    Oh what's this? a new clan wars. oh we just finished a 2v2 tournament as well? Hmm PA community is definitely dead and PA is a horrible horrible game.

This post is just the result of me getting mad at all the **** I hear around the forums and when people link me to the steam ones me = saltier than the dead sea. I don't usually get like this but damn I'm just sick of this Q and people insinuating that the game is dead.

EDIT:
    If you meant this q in a non troll manner, then I apologise for this, but this post is just the result of me hearing this so much and people constantly arguing that PA is dead.
    And this post was made here since this is the thread that I was last sent a notification to. So in general this is targeted at all threads implying the game is dead.
    Last edited: November 30, 2015
    mwreynolds, tracert and stuart98 like this.
  13. Alpha2546

Alpha2546 Post Master General

[​IMG]
    b8factor and cdrkf like this.
  14. leadlpmaster

leadlpmaster Active Member

MNC guy here. Voted for laughs.
  15. ufarax

ufarax Active Member

All strategy games, die a slow death...except Civilization V. The die hards are still here.
  16. cdrkf

cdrkf Post Master General

Heh, so long as we can still get a game going it's all good imo :p

I'd argue TA genre games have a pretty hardcore fanbase- heck you can still get games of OTA going on game ranger and as you've pointed out yourself FA is doing well. PA will be around for years provided someone keeps the servers online.
  17. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

As long as there are enough people who want to play I am sure something will be figured out for servers. The tech side is understood well enough I'd say.
    cdrkf likes this.
  18. Katamarino

Katamarino New Member

The game isn't dead, but the servers are. I can't even get through a short FFA with a few players without it freezing permanently. Very disappointing after shelling out extra money for Titans.
  19. pivo187

pivo187 Active Member

Kata are you running Pamm? I noticed when I'm running pamm my game crashes often. Not sure what mod is making it do that but it seems to not crash when Pam is off
  20. Geers

Geers Post Master General

Some things don't change though.

Like people posting completely meaningless polls.
    stuart98 and maxpowerz like this.