Formation moving of units

Discussion in 'Planetary Annihilation General Discussion' started by space4092, December 30, 2013.

1. space4092

space4092 New Member

hey there,

was wondering what you guys think,

I noticed that playing with massive amounts of tanks, a couple bombers can take them out way to easy. Wouldn t it be great to have them move like in a square/circle/pairs or something with more distance between them ? Also seems more realistic that units have some space to one another.
  2. ace63

ace63 Post Master General

Formations are not in the game yet - the devs said they will be coming for sure though.
  3. BigMonD

BigMonD Member

I played a game with this years ago. You could select columns and rows of your group. It was amazing.

You could spread out your army into a couple of rows and march a tidal wave over your enemies entire base all at once, or you could do a 2 column wide massively long queue for a never ending torrent of death.

I'm sure we could go with some more complex formations but I do love this idea.
  4. r0ck1t

r0ck1t Active Member

I love unit formations. Especially ones that give you tactical advantage. So for instance, you may have some T1 tanks going up against T2 tanks. With the same numbers, T2 would crush T1 units, but depending on what formation you're in could maybe prove to be an advantage or disadvantage in battle. Or have the option to spread your units out to prevent artillery and bombers from taking out the majority of your platoon.
  5. brianpurkiss

brianpurkiss Post Master General

Unit formations are a confirmed feature. They will be added.

I'm also pretty sure they even are partially completed and I'm guessing we'll see them in the next month or so.