For Backers Only: Introducing the Delta Commander

Discussion in 'Backers Lounge (Read-only)' started by garat, January 30, 2013.

1. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

Revealing for the first time anywhere a new commander that we have not talked about before, here is the Delta Commander. Steve Thompson and crew have been busting away on this guy for some time, and he is the most fully realized commander to date.

As always, it's very important you not repost or share this image with anyone outside the backers forums. But please share your comments here in this thread. We're eager to see what you think of the Delta Commander!

Attached Files:

2. neapolitanfrenchfrie

neapolitanfrenchfrie Well-Known Member

They look really cool!
    EDIT: Quick question. Will there be any opportunity to be able to personalize our own commanders? Like, use different pieces from different commanders to make your own like uniforms in SMNC?
  3. KNight

KNight Post Master General

Hmmmm, would you say this is representative of the in-game model?

EDIT: Not sure how I feel the pauldrons...

Mike
  4. BulletMagnet

BulletMagnet Post Master General

Those look like jetpacks.

If mobility is going to be a unique feature to this one, then I've already found my favourite. :D
  5. ucsgolan

ucsgolan Member

Looks like it can transform into gunship... :p
  6. cptkilljack

cptkilljack Member

Oh Snap that is an awesome looking commander. Now you have me torn between which commander I want to use. Progenitor, Theta, or Delta.

On a side note those legs are really awesome. The most Gundam like legs i have seen yet.
    Last edited: January 30, 2013
  7. pantsburgh

pantsburgh Active Member

Yep, that's bad-***.

Will there be a little animation when it goes into battle/building mode? Sort of like an x-wing going into attack mode, except exciting. It looks set up for this.
  8. Pawz

Pawz Active Member

Am I allowed to be a critic? :)

1. Both arms are identical. The arm design is pretty awesome, but I've always liked the way the TA commanders had distinguishable differences in each arm. The way the piece goes out from the elbow joint almost makes it look like an arm holding a weapon gauntlet - would be interesting to have different gauntlets.

2. I can't say I really like the shoulder things. They look like they're meant to open / close or something, but it makes the overall design feel a bit flimsy. You would hope that the pinnacle of war machinery would be able to uncover his weapon ports without having bits flapping in the wind :). It also seems ( hard to tell from the pics) that the top-down view will lose a fair bit of the unit team colour when the shoulders are open.
  9. ozonexo3

ozonexo3 Active Member

Cool, like cybran acu :) but more masive. Why there is no render with red color?
  10. zagra

zagra New Member

I love the design for this one. Very Gundam/Evangelion, which I approve of. I have to agree in that it's be cool for its arms to be different. Also, I've been wondering why se don't have a Gamma commander. Se have Alpha (Progenitor), Beta, Theta and now Delta. Why skip Gamma?
  11. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

nice! is this the "standard" commander then?
  12. kryovow

kryovow Well-Known Member

what is the beta? didnt see that one either^^
  13. Bouncer2000

Bouncer2000 Member

good point. I would love to see different arms as well.

and I think the feet are a bit too small. especially on PA_Delta_Commander_02.jpg they look really small. I think they could be a bit bulkier like the arms, but not that big. aside from that, I am very glad how great this commander looks and I am eager to see, how all the others will turn out when getting this newer design treatment. very good work so far!
  14. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

looks nice.
    so what can it do with these things on its shoulders? are those rocket-launchers?
  15. syox

syox Member

I like how it is more massive and less cartoonish
  16. fr2ed

fr2ed Member

Just one word : awesome ! !

Really love it ! I want all that game awesomely awesome like that delta-commander. :D ;)

+1. That will be even better.
  17. lynxnz

lynxnz Member

wow, really nice. Sorta reminds me of airmech - another game that i totally enjoy. :cool:
  18. FlandersNed

FlandersNed Member

Hoh my god.

If this is what Steve has been working at, I can't wait to see what the rest of the units look like.
  19. LordQ

LordQ Active Member

Glorious. I am wondering though if any textures or decals will be added to units ingame to spice them up a bit more.

Adding asymmetry, particularly to the arms is a great idea too.
  20. cptbritish

cptbritish Member

I love symmetry on game units so to me this is great as it is :)

Plus people keep mentioning "Efficient Deathbots of the future would have no need for 'A' because they have 'B'..."

Wouldn't the Commander at have included an internal switch on his weapons so he can change them at will from Destroy to Build and vice-versa, therefore not needing to reduce possible damage output by including a purely construction arm?