FLAK vs. Turrets

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Strategy and Tactics' started by wazupwiop, January 16, 2011.

1. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

I have been messing around with sniper a lot lately, and I noticed that the Flak seems to do really high damage vs. lvl 1 longshots. Longshots take about five or six shots with the rifle to kill, but 1 lvl 3 flak will take out a lvl 1 longshot with ease. After I discovered this, I wondered if anyone has tested how well flak does against each different turret. I know that I threw a flak at a lvl 3 lazer blazer and it took it's health down 3/4 of the way, but I haven't tested the damage percentage on other turrets.

If anyone has some stats about flak vs. turret damage, could you please post the data? If anyone knows the effectiveness of the flak vs. other turrets, please post.
  2. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I could melee a level 1 long shot in about 6 seconds.
  3. BroTranquilty

BroTranquilty New Member

4. wazupwiop

wazupwiop New Member

That isn't always possible when there is a gunner, assassin, and support all defending the area.
  5. sxd24

sxd24 Member

Explanation of post: Level 1 longshots have little armor. You could sneeze on it and it would blow up. A level 3 Flak killing a Level 1 Longshot is no surprise, and is expected.

Flak is good for taking out turrents, but it usually requires assistance from another source of damage (preferably Gunner's mortars or a Juiced pro) to take it down, if it's unsupervised. Pretty sure Flak 3 won't take down any turrent that isn't a Longshot or Level 1/2 Lazer-Blazer, if I'm not mistaken. I'm going off of memory from turtling LONG AGO, though, so I could be wrong. >_>
  6. xPEx Noscope

xPEx Noscope New Member

The flak is a really usefull tool for taking out enemy turrets, but as someone stated earlier it does need another source of damage to fully take out most level 3 turrets. As i'm approaching their base I just toss the flak near a turret and put like 4 shots with the sniper into the turret and it is pretty much a goner.
  7. Liefglinde

Liefglinde New Member

You can't melee turrents :D
  8. That Dutch Guy

That Dutch Guy New Member

Flak 3 can take a non-overhealed and left-alone lv1 RockIt to a sliver of health. After that, you can take it down with a few sniper shots or 5 SMG rounds (if you're feeling lucky).
  9. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

10. OfficerFuttBuck

OfficerFuttBuck Active Member

I could of sworn I melee'd a shaveice to death in bumper cars.