FIXED Black Screen

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Maldor96, February 25, 2015.

1. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

I have a black screen issue, all of the mods are disabled and I can't find anything that would cause it to do that
    I have tried to get a more recent log out of PA but it will not log anything anymore (strange?) also I have my dxdiag info. I miss PA, please help :oops::(

Attached Files:

2. DeathByDenim

DeathByDenim Post Master General

Huh, your drivers seem very messed up according to you DxDiag.txt. Almost all of the fields pertaining to the graphics card(s) are blank! I don't think I've ever seen that before... Could you try uninstalling your AMD drivers, reboot and install them again?
  3. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

I will try in the morning, I would like to point out that StarCraft 2 works fine as it is. Thank you for the quick reply

EDIT: I going the other way and download the latest version from AMD and seeing it fixes it
    Last edited: February 25, 2015
  4. Maldor96

Maldor96 Active Member

fixed, updating (or this case installing) the video driver worked. I think Windows update did something to the graphics card that windows didn't like, and when I restarted the computer, it could find no graphics card except this "weird one that I have no idea what it does" so it just used that one. Thank you, I was running low on ideas... :)
    cdrkf and DeathByDenim like this.