Fitness and all them fun stuff plus progress!

Discussion in 'Unrelated Discussion' started by nofear1299, July 21, 2014.

1. nofear1299

nofear1299 Active Member

So I had a similar thread on another forum I frequent and thought I would get some of you guys involved!

How do you all train and what progress have you made? What diet have you followed and what has worked?

I do crossfit 4-5 times a week and have been doing it for about 4-5 months now. I have seen some decent progress but not as much as I would like which I attribute to my poor diet :( diet is one of the more difficult things for me because I still stay with my parents. Hopefully moving out next year :D which will help my diet choices a lot.

As for my progress :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzq1nPzHL_VxbV9VRm5zWmRDd28/edit?usp=sharing

I will post pictures at some stage but need to get them all off my phone first.

Let me know!
  2. kvalheim

kvalheim Post Master General

I've been meaning to do... something... sort of exercise when I get back up to Dundee. Pitgirl cosplay made me realise my belly is a formless blob, and I wanna look better when I do other cosplays.
  3. arseface

arseface Post Master General

Back before my health issues I kayaked twice a week. That was a great cardio/upper body workout.
  4. garat

garat Cat Herder Uber Alumni

For well over a year, both me and my SO have had fitbits, which has helped change our habits quite a bit - we go for more walks, we intentionally park further away (which has the added benefit of usually minimizing the dings and dents on our cars in parking lots), etc.

But we also found a really great local, no frills gym that has a lot of equipment, is clean, and generally an enjoyable place to workout. When I'm actually working out, I do weights once or twice a week usually, and typically heavy cardio 3 - 5 times a week. I have started doing about half my cardio going out and running. Today, did my first lunch run.

As of yet, no noticable weight loss, but overall my health in the past few years has improved drastically, as has my overall level of fitness. A good reminder that weight isn't the only measure of fitness. :)
  5. mered4

mered4 Post Master General

I've got a few friends who do CrossFit, but I've never gotten into it. It always seemed too hardcore for me. And I've never been good at schedules :)

Over the summer I usually let my physical fitness drift (bad habit :(), but this summer I've been keeping it in shape. I run once every week or two, and do some drills and pushup/crunch reps. Usually at work I lift heavy things, so there is that :D

My cardio isn't to the point where I could run 15 miles at an 8 min pace like it was this spring, but it's at the point where I my endurance is satisfactory.

Also, pictures? :eek:
    Brad must be a loner :D

I appreciate folks more when I discover they have a routine physical workout or activity to keep themselves in shape. It's a sign of responsibility and self-discipline that can also be taken WAAAAY too far. In the case of us programmers, there's no way. :D
  6. knickles

knickles Well-Known Member

7. Geers

Geers Post Master General

8. Neumeusis

Neumeusis Active Member

Was working out 4-5 times a week before work sent me away from home and killed all my results :(
    But i started running again, and should manage to go back to the gym soon(TM).

As for the diet, a friend is using Chrononutrition with quite a good success.
    (sorry, can't find a correct page in english, so i'll make a dirty translated quote)
    He loosed a few extra kg while still managing to gain muscles (he was training of course).
    But well, as for everything, this is adapted for him, could be far less for someone else...
  9. thebigpill

thebigpill Well-Known Member

Used to run 5k three days a week. Then I started smoking again.
  10. spazzdla

spazzdla Active Member

Gym, 3 day routine + legs outside.

Day 1) Chest 4 workouts, 4 sets per work out, finish with a tri work out 4 sets.
    Day 2) Back 4 workouts, 4 sets per work out, finish with a bi work out.
    Day 3) Sholders 4 work outs, 4 sets.

I usually add some strip sets into those work outs. I always have protine after my workouts. I've been on and off the gym for ages, peaking at 215 Bench press, dropped down to 135 :S :S... back up to 155 maybe 165 now. I weigh 170 was 190 at peak.

I like being heavy.. I'd like to be 190 again lol.