First 3 game experiences, and weird stuff

Discussion in 'Support!' started by joshualeetopple, June 8, 2013.

1. joshualeetopple

joshualeetopple New Member

Game 1 - Saw a flying land unit, neither land or air could attack it
    - game ejected randomly "simulation terminated"

Game 2 - no spawn locations visible, clicked random spot to spawn to, then entered game, would not spawn. 2 other players had same issue.

Game 3 - Went much better! But, as I went to build some sort of advanced cannon (3rd or 4th from left in build menu I think), with adv aircraft fabricators, game ejected, saying "simulation terminated"

Other than these issues, I have noticed artifacting of globe when zooming in/out

Seems to take a very long time to recognize that all parties have selected a start location. Reported by a few other people in game when games started.

Bit laggy and sluggish to respond sometimes. You will tell units to go somewhere or do something, and they may take even 10-15 seconds sometimes to do it. This is at the beginning too, and not at all a cpu/ram/video card issue.

These aren't complaints, just observations that I thought I would note. As part of being a part of the Alpha stage of development I feel obligated to simply post these things. The game won't be perfect for a while, that's what we're here for. I'm an avid fan of Total Annihilation, and still consider it the single best RTS ever (13 years experience playing it), so I feel that I should transfer some of that commitment and dedication over to PA :)
  2. monkeyulize

monkeyulize Active Member

The artifacting has been noted and is in the bug tracker.

The sluggishness seems due to an out of sync client, pressing the 'end' key should resync you. This is also in the tracker.
  3. fearvector

fearvector New Member

i have noticed most these issues my self, even some for of pathing issue were units (including my commander) get permanently stuck. I would say with the lag thoe i highly the game has been optimized yet and probably wont be for a fair while till a large portion of its game development is done, so probably around beta it can be expected.