Firebase Killing.

Discussion in 'Monday Night Combat 360 Wishlist' started by Magikarp, December 20, 2010.

1. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

With the obscene number of firebases and their staying power also obscene, I suggest a change.

SUPPORTS DON'T CRY PLEASE.

Increase the money obtained by killing the firebase to somewhere between 25 and 50. 10 dollars is just too little for a turret that is stronger than a lazah blazah and that can be placed anywhere, i.e. next to the annihilator.
    Between 25 and 50 should depend on hack and the actual firebase level. 25 would be unhacked level one and 50 would be hacked level 3 and level 3.

I feel that the only problem with the firebase is the lack of incentive to kill it. The incentive is mostly negative, KILL THE FIREBASE OR DIE AN EMBARRASSING DEATH WHILE THE SUPPORT TAUNTS MENTIONING A JETSKI and then you get a measly ten bucks. Might as well go kill a blackjack instead.

This is a team-oriented problem, and not necessarily a problem with the firebase itself. The problem is the want to kill it, for it is too low right now.
  2. cq217

cq217 Member

i dont think this is a problem, maybe put the money up to $15 but i can easily destroy a firebase if i want to
  3. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

my entire point.

firebase killing takes a long time if there's a support on it, along with bots and other pros, but the killer gets only 10 dollars and assists are only 7. Nobody wants to.
  4. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

I probably kill 5-10 firebases a game with tank/gunner and they die very quickly.

Supports would also love this change, since they could just throw their firebase off the map for 25-50 dollars.
  5. DDM

DDM New Member

You can do that!!! OMG! I hardly ever use the support fire base (don't like baby sitting or I just drop it in the base as an extra turret) I really proferr meleeing bots and healing other pros if there decent.
  6. Im Hudson

Im Hudson New Member

7. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

How in the w. . .

Forget it, I'm not going to ask.
  8. FB Zombie Chaos

FB Zombie Chaos New Member

Heh, ima try this when I get home. :lol:
  9. Cardboardwarior

Cardboardwarior New Member

Firebases don't need a nerf. As you get better they become less of an issue. Every class has a way to destroy the firebase, even while it is being healed.

Assassin: Shurikens.
    Sniper: Flak + sniper rifle (explosive shots might even make the support run away)
    Assault: Use your rifle. It works even better with RoF endorsements.
    Gunner:Spin up, then peek around a corner and blast it.
    Tank: Product grenade it so it will be blinded, then use your jet gun on it. Works even better with a RoF endorsement.
    Support: Airstrike. If you can manage to get into shotgun range (by peaking around corners) a few shells will destroy it. But seriously, airstrike.
  10. Bambam Bm

Bambam Bm New Member

I usually buy an ejector to kill a firebase, most support are stupid and put them where ejectors are. now i kinda hate that i spend $50 to only earn $10, its stupid. i would definitely vote for increasing the amount gained as sometimes its even harder to kill a firebase than a real player.
  11. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

that's not the problem.
    it's the want to kill the firebase, not how.
    the time it takes to kill a firebase could be time spent pushing bots, killing pros, etc.
  12. FB Zombie Chaos

To me the only reason to kill a FB is to help your team. FBs kill pros and bots.

That alone should be reason enough to want to destory one.
  13. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

Randoms don't want to help your team, they want money and kills. This is so randoms would actually kill firebases.
  14. FB Zombie Chaos

True.

I don't know what to tell ya then. ;)
  15. Billy Rueben

Billy Rueben New Member

I don't get it. Who wouldn't want to kill a firebase?
  16. ManaCorporation

ManaCorporation New Member

Exactly. I see one, I take it out ASAP.
  17. Gentleman

Gentleman New Member

I agree, gentlemen.

I treat one as any other member of the opposing team, only stationary. But regardless, it MUST be destroyed immediately.
  18. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

randoms.
    they just hate having to kill one of em.
  19. DeadStretch

DeadStretch Post Master General

Although you only get $10 for destroying a firebase you are also stopping the Support from making easy money. Anyone with the overall objective in mind can make easy money, the key is to get the enemy team to waste their money on essentials that keep them in the game. MNC is all about "gettin' dat money" but it is also about making the enemy waste that money somehow, in a way.

Even more better is using Gold crit. with the Jet Gun. :D
  20. Magikarp

Magikarp New Member

Gold crit I love that ****.
    anyway
    tell that to the randoms.
    this isn't really me with a firebase problem, I think the solution is to make everyone that sux magically better at this game.