Finger Positons

Discussion in 'Support!' started by Clopse, June 16, 2013.

1. Clopse

Clopse Post Master General

I know this can be perceived as a stupid question but I am really curious as to the position on peoples fingers during gameplay. I have been playing ta for 15 years and have played 3 or so games of pa and my fingers seem to be a little all over the place with the arrow pad/shift /cntrl.

Would love a picture if possible.
  2. cola_colin

cola_colin Moderator Alumni

Since currently PA has only very few hotkeys I play nearly mouse only. So my right hand is on the mouse, with my right thumb pressing the two extra thumb buttons of my mouse that work as ctrl and shift.
    My left hand is bouncing around between C and N to always keep track of my commander and to get a hold of the orientation of the planet. Occasionally my left hand also reaches for numbers to hotkey groups of bombers. That's all. Later I hope that PA will have a good hotkey system, so my left hand will probably be somewhere in the middle of the keyboard, flying around between all sorts of keys.
  3. iampetard

iampetard Active Member

Gamers are the best lovers. That is all.
  4. wtfitsnotbutter

wtfitsnotbutter New Member

There are hotkeys in this game?
    I haven't yet notice
  5. ZigCat

ZigCat New Member

you can set single units or groups of units to number-keys.
    just select them, press [Ctrl]+[1-9] and when you press the correspoding number again (without pressing [Ctrl] this time) you select the unit(s) again, where ever they are.

as Cola_Colin said, the Commander is hard-bound to the [C] button.

also there is a sticky here called PA Keyboard Shortcuts
  6. z4c

z4c New Member

Mostly I use the apple wireless keyboard and the arrow buttons are right below the shift key and those are the only buttons i have needed to press so far. BUT the arrow keys are really small so I end up hitting up instead of shift or vice versa and getting this kinda cramped hand position. I ended up pushing my keyboard over and it made it better.

I am glad PA is already supporting Dvorak layout though.
  7. PringleMan

PringleMan Member

I interface mostly by mouse, and control the camera through keyboard. I DO use unit group hotkeys, but I suck at micro-managing so my hands are not quite as active as most I think.

It is actually why I look forward to the way this game handles teams. I am good at base building order and economics, and I have a couple of friends that are good at tactics and unit control, so between us we should be able to kick butt.
  8. Clopse

Ah cheers guys. Never even considered the extra buttons on mouse. I was trying to play like z4c but knew this could not work when more hot keys were introduced.
  9. macbernick

macbernick New Member

I use a G13 (this one) controller, I can't wait more customizables shortcuts :)
  10. infuscoletum

infuscoletum Active Member

I have a g110, and its tempting to make some control group shortcuts with the gkeys. Like have the m1 group "ctrl+number", and m2 just the numbers. Or maybe 1-6 set control groups, and 7-12 select the groups.......

BTW, I know blizz doesn't like macros input and stuff, what is Uber's take on it?
  11. Clopse

Wow haha wouldnt know where to start with that. I'm using a corsair m65 which is more than enough buttons for me.